Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Find fiddlehead ferns, find antler drops

Akcabin

I've seen areas near our cabin where moose have moved 2' of snow to get at the fiddlehead ferns that are formed n under the plant. Litterally looks like a bomb went off. With forest duff scattered in a 50' patch.
I believe that they smell them n are ready for some fresh greens. And can keep moose in an area. And while scraping up the earth the antlers can drop.
They are also a good survival food. They are a little bitter but a good snack while hanging out in the bush. Go good with fresh moose heart, meat.
So keeping an eye out n remember where the patches are and try antler hunting in the area. I've found a whole skull/ antlers from a probably wolf kill
Also nows the time around ak. Go antler hunting n get some fresh fiddlehead ferns n moral mushrooms, grayling are running too. Make up a nice meal

I've seen areas near our cabin where moose have moved 2' of snow to get at the fiddlehead ferns that are formed n under the plant. Litterally looks like a bomb went off. With forest duff scattered in a 50' patch.
I believe that they smell them n are ready for some fresh greens. And can keep moose in an area. And while scraping up the earth the antlers can drop.
They are also a good survival food. They are a little bitter but a good snack while hanging out in the bush. Go good with fresh moose heart, meat.
So keeping an eye out n remember where the patches are and try antler hunting in the area. I've found a whole skull/ antlers from a probably wolf kill
Also nows the time around ak. Go antler hunting n get some fresh fiddlehead ferns n moral mushrooms, grayling are running too. Make up a nice meal
Do you have some nice photos?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back