Find fiddlehead ferns, find antler drops

Akcabin

I've seen areas near our cabin where moose have moved 2' of snow to get at the fiddlehead ferns that are formed n under the plant. Litterally looks like a bomb went off. With forest duff scattered in a 50' patch.
I believe that they smell them n are ready for some fresh greens. And can keep moose in an area. And while scraping up the earth the antlers can drop.
They are also a good survival food. They are a little bitter but a good snack while hanging out in the bush. Go good with fresh moose heart, meat.
So keeping an eye out n remember where the patches are and try antler hunting in the area. I've found a whole skull/ antlers from a probably wolf kill
Also nows the time around ak. Go antler hunting n get some fresh fiddlehead ferns n moral mushrooms, grayling are running too. Make up a nice meal

Straight Arrow

I've seen areas near our cabin where moose have moved 2' of snow to get at the fiddlehead ferns that are formed n under the plant. Litterally looks like a bomb went off. With forest duff scattered in a 50' patch.
I believe that they smell them n are ready for some fresh greens. And can keep moose in an area. And while scraping up the earth the antlers can drop.
They are also a good survival food. They are a little bitter but a good snack while hanging out in the bush. Go good with fresh moose heart, meat.
So keeping an eye out n remember where the patches are and try antler hunting in the area. I've found a whole skull/ antlers from a probably wolf kill
Also nows the time around ak. Go antler hunting n get some fresh fiddlehead ferns n moral mushrooms, grayling are running too. Make up a nice meal
Do you have some nice photos?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackmathew