Finally got my piece of the Alaskan dream!

Home sweet home. Got the electricity ran to the cabin and well. Just need the power company to connect it to the line. Cutting back some willow trees to open up the view of Denali and doing plenty of weed whacking to clean up the place. At least for while we're here! Got the hole dug for the outhouse and will be building it today. Introduced the wife to camp showers as well as reindeer sausage cooked on a willow branch over a campfire. Back to work, I'm burning daylight!

Hope that is not close to the fires. They have some nasty ones burning up there. My kid is on call to go fight them. They already sent one team. It must be real dry in Alaska this year.

Dave,

Congratulations ! I love this. For me, this is what life is all about, "living" your dream

If your isolated enough the out house will wait--build a screened in front porch--and live on it (-; Enjoy

Congrats on your project and what a beautiful place to enjoy it. You are living the dream!

Great Stuff.I Am so jealous.My first trip to Alaska NO ONE
will ever see me again.Unless dropping off Beer.Maybe Women.
Have a great time Up there!. 😎

Last edited:
Just had another fire start today about 30 miles north of us. We're safe here. 86 degrees and dry as a bone. Have 1 friend helping build the outhouse but it's hot and he's old. Still not done. Maybe Friday it will be useable. Taking a play day tomorrow to watch some cars fly off of a cliff!

Just had another fire start today about 30 miles north of us. We're safe here. 86 degrees and dry as a bone. Have 1 friend helping build the outhouse but it's hot and he's old. Still not done. Maybe Friday it will be useable. Taking a play day tomorrow to watch some cars fly off of a cliff!

I was going to ask how close you are to Montana Creek where the fire is, but I see it above. It's not looking pretty. I live in Wasilla and usually bear hunt in Willow, but I've been out of the country working. I get back to Alaska in 27 days and I can't wait!

I was going to ask how close you are to Montana Creek where the fire is, but I see it above. It's not looking pretty. I live in Wasilla and usually bear hunt in Willow, but I've been out of the country working. I get back to Alaska in 27 days and I can't wait!

I just saw on Fox this morning that there is a giant heat dome over Alaska. I think that it may be a tough summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back