Caribou Gear

Finally found good sign and a spot to my self.

PlusFive

I went back into the unit about 10 miles by forest road. It took over an hour to make it up the washed out road. When I arrived about 500 feet of elevation above the snow line I decided that any further was useless with all the snow.

I waited until 30minutes before sunrise to leave the truck as I have never been there before. I am glad I did. About a mile into the trail the people sign disappeared and game sign increased. Following some fresh deer tracks along a switch back when a new set of tracks joins the deer tracks. This new set of tracks even fresher than the deer. However, this new set of tracks was no hoofed animal. It was Mr. Bear, a large one at that. While pondering my next move the wind swirled and large low huff came from 50 to 60 yards in the dense tree line. Followed by the tramping off a good sized bear. The bear seemed far more afraid of me than me of it, but I remember Randy saying just let the bear have his hunting grounds and find another. That is what I did, but the rest of my spots lower down the mtn. were already filled up. So I guess it is a work on homework kind of day now. I wonder if I should have just pushed past the bear being he knew what I was and didn't want a stand off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back