Caribou Gear

Finally a Robin Hood

RJH

Been on this and another site most of the day researching for packs and shelters as well as to keep up with you bunch. Congrats Randy you and the others sold me on Mystery Ranch packs - that will be a later thread. But back to the story - so thought I would head off to the archery range to catch the last 45min made a couple of minor adjustments to my brand new Mathews Z7 and I kid you not I knocked the fletch off one arrow and look what I did next at 20 yards. I know this is no big deal for you young bucks but this made my day and probably tomorrows.

Attachments

• robin hood.jpg
    robin hood.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 324
  • robin hood1.jpg
    robin hood1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 328
  • robin hood2.jpg
    robin hood2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 318
been shooting for many years and get tight groups but have yet to get a robin hood. Wife has two in about a year of shooting, go figure...

Nice. It's pretty fun the first time you do it and the second you just think, "Damn, there goes another $40" :)

That is great. I have only done that once. I have the arrows still attached hanging in a set of elk horns. Probably won't ever get myself another. Congrats.

Great! I have torn up a bunch of arrows getting close, but have never got one to actually stick together. I would display that on the wall. With arrows costing so much now, I usually shoot at different bulls to avoid tearing them up. So I will probably never get one. Great shooting!

The best I've been able to do is cut the fletching off of my Too Expensive shafts to keep paracticing with broadheds. At that point, I figure I'm tuned in well enough for a broadside shot ! Cool picture tho !!

I have wobbled a few together thru the years, but all have been aluminum arrows. The carbons seem to split out before they stick. My Dad has over 50 years of serious archery under his belt, is a great shot but has never got a Robin Hood on his own arrow, He has however scored 3 on other shooters arrows at 3-D shoots. He says if you don't want it hit then don't put it in the 12 spot!

Congrats, in the "X" ring as well. Very nice, now you'll start shooting 5 spots!

Yeah, it is pretty cool, still pretty jazzed about it and will probably take NCHunters advice and throw on the wall in my basement. So have to go buy more arrows, ouch!

R

I robin hooded another shooters arrow at the very first 3D shoot I shot at in about 1985 and they would not score it since my arrow was not touching the target. I have done 4 others since then , 2 alum. shafts and 2 carbon shafts.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back