NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Field Judging Practice Buck

EliAGrimmett

Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/KAMlimfeov4

We videoed this buck while driving through town in Prescott Valley. He's in a "No Hunting" area. He was so close that we got some pretty good video, so I thought I'd share. He's also an interesting buck to practice field judging.

That is one beautiful buck!! without adding up numbers I think he is around 84??

I keep coming up with 81 1/2... sure does look a lot better than that to me at first glance. I have a hard time though with those tiny heads and bodies...they all look huge!! Probably way off on this one...just my numbers. looked a little thin on the lower mass..

he looks too be a great buck, I would shoot him with the bow in a second here in idaho..... probably would be the new archery record here, but I would go somewhere around 85? not sure though.... maybe alittle bigger...
Matt

Looked at it one time. Here is what came to mind. Could be completely off, but if that buck comes to the unit I have a tag for, he is getting shot at, especially with another month to grow.

Roman nose tells me s bigger than average head for AZ. Long hooks back hide the length. Very good mass above the prongs. Prongs are super. Bases are slightly above average. Second circumference is really good, depending upon where that it taken. Hopefully the swelling of the prong does not interfere with that measurement.

Shoot now, ask questions later.

Length - 16 0/8
Base - 6 6/8
C1 - 7 4/8
C2 - 4 4/8
C3 - 2 4/8
Prong - 6 4/8

Total = 43 6/8 X 2 = 87 4/8

Nobody will ever know for sure what he scores, but here's my guess.

L 16 4/8
P 6 2/8

B 6 3/8
F 6 5/8

S 4 4/8
T 2 7/8

86 2/8

When I crunched the numbers in my "proprietary antelope handicapping database" I got a wide range of numbers - all the way from 82 3/8 to 91 2/8. It's kind of odd considering how good the video is, but oh well. Surgeon-like accuracy on this buck isn't required - just a fun one to look at.

BigFin - our only real big difference is the first quarter measurement. You could be right - my Dad thinks he's bigger than I do on that circumference.

L 16
B 6
F 6
S 3.75
T 2.75
P 6.25

Just thought I would post the measurements for my previous guess. Probably sold him short on overall mass...as most the others are in line with you...

why get hung up on score? this is truely a trophy in anybodys "book" If I had a tag and an opportunity I would shoot this buck in a heartbeat and wouldnt care what the score was. That said this is a guess the score game so I am going with 84. If this buck is on a non-huntable area, is it 19b? I love the mass around the prong area.

Reasonable measurements Taxidermynut. I could be a little light on the bottom mass - I might like your measurements better than mine.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back