Fidel Castro takes down bull elk

The Hedgehog

Up just after daylight, hung over, with our ATVs fully fueled - we rode right up to several bulls well after the season opened. My buddy who doesn't own a rifle (pretty purist archery hunter), thought this one would do for an anniversary gift to his wife. We buzzed quickly into range and hopped off the still-puttering ATVs, I chambered a round and tossed my rifle to my buddy. It was the only gunshot I heard all day - which might have been something to do with where we were at. We never ran into a soul on the MT opener, not even a hippie or a park ranger. All the meat was packed out by 2 people, entirely boned and in the truck, 33 hours later. Would like to thank the wolves for leaving an older bull for my friend Kevin, who deserves a nice bull as much as anybody..

Last edited:
Helluva deed Greenhorn...sweet bull. I can sure identify with the gassed poses and the end of the rainbow pick up bed treats..

Anniversary gift, eh? He must have a special wife.

Looks like a healthy dose of type 2 fun, congrats!

Nice bull, especially for a communist. apparently bozemanites will do anything for the promise of cuban women and cigars

Looks like you're killing him.... Did you throw a candy at the back of his head to keep him going... I seem to remember that works pretty good ;)

Great bull for your buddy and congrats on the assist. Love the pack out pictures.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back