Yeti GOBOX Collection

Feral Cats

Why are these using ancient pest control techniques? Just use poison, my gosh.

I spent a bit of time in Cairo in the past: a huge, densely populated city that should ostensibly have an equally huge rat problem. Didn’t see a single rodent my whole time there, as that city loves it’s semi feral cats (bonus that patrons get some friendly company when having a coffee or shisha). Here in NY bodegas (old school small grocery stores) usually have one around to keep the other four legged critters at bay and it seems to work pretty well.

We had a bad rat infestation on Anacapa Island. In their infinite wisdom, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife let a bunch of cats go on the island to take out the rats. The problem is the cats just ate all the eggs of seagulls and the endangered California Brown Pelican nstead of rats. They eventually trapped all the cats and took them away.

Love my boys but like any domestic animal to many can become a problem.

Attachments

• AE58FEF5-4123-4A87-9009-510B2C359758.jpeg
    AE58FEF5-4123-4A87-9009-510B2C359758.jpeg
    977.3 KB · Views: 10
I’d kill every single outdoor cat I could if it were legal, and I like cats...sort of. When you are an invasive species and you eat all the quail and song birds and shit in my garden (parasites and disease) I can’t be on your side. There are so many feral cats in this country!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back