NEW SITKA Ambient 75

February Free Time Fillers

Beautiful work, Sawtooth. Is that the Rainshadow?
Batson? That is the only rod I have ever built using a Rainshadow blank, its a 4 pc 7 1/2' 4 weight, perfect for my treed river, but my clients do not get to use it!
I have done as Sawtooth did, I put a Jungle @#)(# feather on the blank.
I cocked up the first epoxy wrap, it never set, so I had to strip it off, the next mix set perfectly, but my wraps aren't as neat as Sawtooths.
Cheers
Richard

Batson? That is the only rod I have ever built using a Rainshadow blank, its a 4 pc 7 1/2' 4 weight, perfect for my treed river, but my clients do not get to use it!
I have done as Sawtooth did, I put a Jungle @#)(# feather on the blank.
I cocked up the first epoxy wrap, it never set, so I had to strip it off, the next mix set perfectly, but my wraps aren't as neat as Sawtooths.
Cheers
Richard
Batson, makes a nice rod blank. Great people to work with as well.

I’ll watch the lathe go round and round for more hours during the next month or two.

On nice days I’ll fit in plenty of prairie dogging....little more graphic when the towns are white with snow👹

I may even get in some of my own gun work.

You guys are more skilled than me , I like to use my free time competing against other people from around the country in online combat in team competition, right now it’s CALL OF DUTY WWII here’s a clip of me

I started trapping the field in front of my house after our deer season went out last week. Did the same last year and caught two dozen or so coon, couple fox, and a fisher. Its a nice way to bridge the gap to turkey season. So this year i was less interested in the raccoons so I tried out something new for me, cable restraints. I put 5 out and to my surprise when I got home from work last night I found that I caught a nice male red fox.20200126_203047.jpg

Skiing, fly fishing when the weather permits, and tying flies mostly for me. And cooking. I would love to do some ice fishing this winter, and at some point I am going to use that wood burner I've had stashed away for ages.

Just put together this 224 Valkyrie for something different to play with this spring/summer.
Should be a little cheaper way to ring some far away steel than the RUM or the 26.
I've only got to fire a few rounds to confirm operation after build but those Federal factories landed within 3/4" of each other at 100 yards.
This could be fun...

224_Valkyrie.jpg

I've been working on my plans for maintenance items and rigging the boat and generally getting psyched up to use it a lot this summer. Gonna spend a week or so at Ft Peck in May.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back