Feathered Friends Volant Puffy Pants and Jacket

Big Sky Guy

Anyone have either the pants or the jacket? Seems like the warmest I could find without going custom through GooseFeetGear etc.

Jacket has 11 oz of 900 fill and weighs 1 lb. 10 oz

Pants have 5.6 oz of 900 and weigh 1 lb. 1 oz.

I’ve heard they make warm sleeping bags but haven’t heard much about their other gear and I’ve never bought any. Made in USA too I think.

I have no experience with the jacket.

I have been coveting one for a while and the only negative that it have read is that it is short. Being climbing oriented I think it's meant to function with a harness and might leave something to be desired as a glassing puffy.

I bought the Feathered Friends Arctic suit. Bought it much bigger than what their table suggested. It was a good idea to go bigger. Awesome craftsmanship. Keeps ya warm and sturdy material. They make good shit.

I have been wearing one of their puffy coats for 20 years and it still is keeping me warm in subzero weather here in Alaska. I just convinced the wife to buy one with the idea that it should last her at least 20 years as well. There aren't many other down coats out there that can match their quality. A couple companies that would compete would be based out of Fairbanks, so you can search for them if you want. Good luck

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back