Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Favorite hunting store?

captaincoot

Wheres the place you go when you need hunting ,fishing stuff? Is it a local store? big store? Or if you are like me it's my brothers garage:D I do the points thing at cabelas. fishing I like Mills Fleet Farm. Hope this question is ok because I forgot the website has sponsors.

I go to my local gun shop for powder and bullets to the degree that I can. Walmart gets the nod on a lot of fishing gear. My wife used to work for Cabela's and I got used to dealing with them when I had a discount. Now, I buy at Cabela's or wherever I find what I need.

I dig Cabelas for the return policy but will search (thanks to the web) for the best deal. I also like REI for a bunch of gear and their return policy (amazing). The fact that there is one a couple of miles from the house and that when they have a nice sale plus dividends I have gotten some SCREAMING deals add to the mix. For example I recently got an Osprey Daylite pack for $14 after discounts (about 60% off). For firearms I go to the Shootin Den here in the Springs. Not only do they have GREAT prices and will order for you in a flash but their service is top-notch. They will get all my business when possible.

Linton outdoors is a good company to work with. Also the usual wal mart and Cabelas due to limited choices in my area. One of the big gun dealers from Colorado Springs is opening up a sporting goods/gun shop here in town so hopefully I will have a better choice next year.

N very been to a cabelas, bass pro is ok because it's close. There is a local store called greentop that is pretty good and has most everything I need.

The archery shop I always went to burned to the ground not too long ago. The closest sporting goods store to me is Sportsman's Warehouse, but a little further up the highway now has a Bass Pro Shop, which I like a lot better. I do a lot of business with BPS, especially online.

Seldom go to a box for hunt gear anymore..as for fishing, Dan's Fly Shop, Lake City, Colorado..hands down.

Here' in the Flathead Valley we are blessed with a pair of locally owned, world-class sporting good stores, Sportsman Ski Haus and Snappy's Sport Senter. Plus Cabela's. No wonder all of Calgary comes down here to shop.

Since I work and live 3 miles from Bass Pro, its hard not to go swing in about once a week, especially when I need something quick. I do order from Cabela's some.
I use to love the local sporting goods and gun stores, but they couldn't compete with BP when they came to town, even after many years in business. That's the only part I hate about living so close to one.

Linton outdoors is a good company to work with. Also the usual wal mart and Cabelas due to limited choices in my area. One of the big gun dealers from Colorado Springs is opening up a sporting goods/gun shop here in town so hopefully I will have a better choice next year.

If you are talking about Specialty Sports...uugghh. Big selection, but that is about it for me. Not very friendly and prices are a good deal higher than my fav

I 2nd Snappys whenever I can get to Kalospell, great store (especially the artist upstairs, he is my bro in law!). In North idaho we have Cabelas and Blacksheep, Blacksheep gets the nod for most shooting items as they have a better selection than Cabelas which always seems to be sold out.

The new Scheels opens sept 6 in billings. A 220k monster of a store, should be a good one. The local fly shops are pretty good. Base camp has good camping gear.

Most of my Hunting Clothes I buy from Cabela's, either online or at the Dundee MI, store.
fishing some from Bass Pro, but most fishing stuff, comes from a local store. D & R Sport Center in Kalamazoo, most of my guns come from there too.
most of my Ammo I buy online 500 to a 1000 rounds at a time.

Kevin

almost all of my local business goes to scheels. there is a cabela's about 65 miles away, but when I compare prices scheels beats them everytime.

There is a Cabelas, Scheels and Sportsmans Warehouse all about 15 minutes from me. Lately the Sportsmans Warehouse is my go to as they seem to have the lowest prices and offer a military discount. I love walking through Scheels on a weekly basis, but once I get in there I hate myself for doing so!

Local first always, any store where you can walk in and actually talk to the owner just puts it right at the top of the list for me. However I do live in an area where this is still a possibility and they haven't been pushed out of business by the stores that are a destination as much as a store. With that said I also shop online but prefer a smaller operation with high standards of customer service like Predator Optics for example. Its all gear and it all works but just being able to know your money goes to another person and not a corporation just makes it seem a little more personal I guess.

Scheels is way ahead of cabelas in my opinion. Both rapid city and billings cabelas are always out of stock and prices are too high. Can't wait for the new Scheels in Billings to open up.

However, my two favorite stores are either the Sports Lure in Buffalo,WY and Shedhorn sports in Ennis,MT. Awesome local stores!!

Scheels is way ahead of cabelas in my opinion. Both rapid city and billings cabelas are always out of stock and prices are too high. Can't wait for the new Scheels in Billings to open up.

However, my two favorite stores are either the Sports Lure in Buffalo,WY and Shedhorn sports in Ennis,MT. Awesome local stores!!

Sheels are pretty good stores, that is where I go alot. I like Sportsman's too, but they closed the one store they had in MN a few years ago, too bad.

I will second the Sports Lure in Buffalo. We seem to stop there every year for something on our way out. I will most likely be swinging in there a week from tomorrow, for what, I haven't figured out yet.

I do a variety of things. The main store I go to for actual hunting stuff is Cabelas, but I will buy stuff online as well. For camping/backpacking stuff, I've found REI to have much better and lighter stuff.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back