Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Favorite Gear/Accessories?

My son and I always try to buy some little gimmicky gadget at every sportsman show just to fiddle with. 95% of the time it ends up in the trash but two things have stood the test of time and become "favorites".

As a walleye, smallmouth, pike fisherman I love this weight system!!! -- http://www.wingitfishing.com/index.html

And that is how we came across the best rifle sling I have ever had -- https://ultimategunsling.com/

In both cases, all the "competition" in the garage have been tossed or given away.

Lot of good items mentioned, but I would have to say suspenders for my paints. I like being able to hike all day with cargo pockets on my paints and not have to be pulling them up all the time.
I like carrying my Garmin in a side pocket and a folding pocket knife in the other and 1 shell in my right front pocket in case I need another fast and Chapstick in the other front pocket, nothing in my back pockets.
Yes I would have to say Suspenders.

I would have to say my Clip-Shot is an accessory that I just love. This is a little device that clamps to just about anything and holds either your camera or cell phone. What it does is allow you to be in the picture instead of taking the picture. It has made my pictures that much better. It weighs an ounce I think so it is super light. Made by a great guy in Montana.

Havalon and a contractor size trash bag to lay the meat on while your processing.

Search is a bit of a bitch... Settled with this thread.

When all the essentials are packed, the added weight is considered for bonus items that make my pack trip that much more... enjoyable.

Well here's one I pack on occasions. It is like a nice cup of joe in the morning. Symbolizes the fresh start to the day. A Walmart / hotel travel size. The small things in life... 🙂

PSX_20191021_223754.jpg

AGC bino harness
Kifaru gun bearer
OnX
small tarp for breaking down animals, emergency weather protection
trekking poles
rangefinder
good binos
good tripod
merino base layers and socks

ultralight hammock...A few years back I picked up an Eno's Sub7 hammock that was on closeout. It really has been a game-changer for me. The setup is so light, it is always in my pack and I am a much happier hunter after a good nap in the woods. September days chasing elk can be extremely long, getting some good sleep (mid-day) in the field really helps me!

MSR Pocket Rocket stove kit. A hot lunch goes a long way keeping me comfortable in the field.
Foam gardening pad seat cushion. I hate a wet ass.
Headlamp, I have no idea how I went 30 years without.

Good boots and well fitting functional quality hunting haberdashery. Ditto on trekking poles.

Accessories beyond typical hunting equipment. I would have to say my jet boil. I carry that thing even on my day hunts when I don’t need it for cooking, sometimes a hot cup of coffee is just what it takes to keep you hunting hard. Although I do like Gear Junkies idea of a hammock, I often carry an inflatable pillow for just the same reason. And I might get laughed at a bit for this one but sometimes I will throw a cheap blowgun in my pack, if the hunting is slow it can be fun to practice my stalking skills on small game and it doesn’t make much noise to spook other game in the area and once in awhile it gives me something to throw in the pot when I get home.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back