Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Favorite coffee while backpack hunting

Peet’s coffee major Dickasons blend in the jetboil French press. I usually settle for powdered creamer unless someone in camp has a cow tag😜

I can't stand instant coffee. I have a small perculator coffee pot and I prepackage the coffee in quart bags and stuff that inside the coffee pot and filters in another bag that fits in my pack. I usually start a small fire for coffee if conditions permit and there is no ban. If I am in an area with fire bans in place, then I just turn to water or bottled tea.

These are nice and light and there isn't much extra packaging. It does take 2 packets to get a strong cup however.

Here I'm, a big lover of coffee! The only coffee that makes me feel full of energy and ready for a new adventure, is the mushroom coffee. Have you ever tried, guys?
When I visited my parents in San Francisco, my mom served us with this hot drink. Well, from the first sips I was impressed. It has a more delicious flavor. My mom told me why she had been drinking it for a while. After having problems with digestion, the doctor highly recommended it. She always buys it from ryzesuperfoods.com I started consuming this coffee from that moment. I assure you it would improve your digestion if you have problems with it.

Last edited:
Tried Via and about 8 others this year. Vias is super compact, which is nice. Still tastes like dirt compared to brewed coffee, but good for backpack hunt due to tiny package.

For TASTE, hands down, no contest, no question, Kopiko Instant 3 in 1 Brown Coffee Mix.
91soPdaAA1L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Am I allowed to say "Swiss Miss"?

Escaping the Tyranny of Coffee is one thing I love to avoid when camping.

A small, local coffee company in Missoula, MT is making their version of via sticks. Black Coffee is the name and they are far better than Starbucks, hot or cold. I always bring the instant coffee when backpacking for weight. I didn't have much luck with the Jet Boil french-press but I probably wasn't patient enough.

I thought the grinds chew were a great idea... until I fell asleep immediately after putting one in my mouth. I would say they are lacking in the caffeine.

A small, local coffee company in Missoula, MT is making their version of via sticks. Black Coffee is the name and they are far better than Starbucks, hot or cold. I always bring the instant coffee when backpacking for weight. I didn't have much luck with the Jet Boil french-press but I probably wasn't patient enough.

I thought the grinds chew were a great idea... until I fell asleep immediately after putting one in my mouth. I would say they are lacking in the caffeine.
I tried the Black Coffee Co stuff for the first time recently. I agree it may be the best instant that I've had so far. I like Via just fine but it is a notch up IMO.

I got one of the collapsible pour over cones off amazon. I pre-grind enough beans for two cups a day and put itt in ziplock. Also bring #2 filters.

Y’all I got the backpack coffee finally figured out! Instant any coffee brand you want than get Starbucks instant white chocolate latte, mix 1/4-1/2 of packet per 1 packet of instant. Holy coffee ☕️ it is the best coffee ever!!! You can thank me later.
Matt
5F6353BC-4183-4D4A-94E7-074B8734A81D.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back