Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Favorite boot dressing

Dave2643

I have a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX boots that I just had rebuilt by Lowa. They came back like new and I am very pleased. These are the best boots I have ever put on.
Any advice on what leather product to put on them? I used Obanaufs in the past. Might have misspelled that.

I use obenauf's as well, tried snow seal and schnee's house brand but I didn't like those as much.

I've used many different brands over the past 30+ years. I've used Pecards, Huberds, Obenauf, LP, Red Wing, nikwax, Snoseal, Kenetrek. I think they are all decent and work well. I typically use Obenauf now on most boots but on my winter pacs use snoseal.

Obenaufs and Montana Pitch Blend are the two best for leather protection and water proofing in my opinion. Nothing else comes close.

Related question. Just bought some Scarpas. Do I need to treat them before wearing or just after first significant use? Never had fancy boots before.

Better use the Lowa, silicone based stuff, if you want them to honor any warranty.

I think its pretty hard to beat too
Made right down the road from me. Thanks, thought there might be something out there that I hadn't heard of.
I use it on alot of leather gear like knive sheaths and leather rifle slings. I had a pair of chuka boots that were so stiff I hated wearing them. I used the stuff on them and they softened right and are a pleasure to wear.

Better use the Lowa, silicone based stuff, if you want them to honor any warranty.
THIS!
I use Nikwax on my Lowas now. I used to use Snoseal on my old ones. Read the Lowa recomedations on their website & heard of a friend who had his separate at seams due to wrong dressing...
I like Obenaufs & the Kenetrek stuff too & use either one on my pacs & other leather boots

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back