Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Favorite boot dressing

I wear Red Wings for work. I use obernaufs on those and my Danners. Never had an issue and it works great. Just stinks something aweful

Due to the different cement compounds used by the different boot makers (for the rand, etc), I use whatever brand of treatment the boot maker sells. I used Danner waterproof gel on Danners, Kenetrek wax on the Mountain Extremes, Nikwax on my Salomons (they don't make Nikwax but literature in the box recommended Nikwax), and Crispi boot crème on my Crispi Hunter GTX. They all worked as advertised.
As someone else mentioned earlier, if you have a problem with the boot, you don't want them to deny your warranty claim because you used the wrong stuff on them. If the bootmaker doesn't make their own treatment, a phone call to them will provide the info you need as to which treatment they recommend.

Last edited:
THIS!
I use Nikwax on my Lowas now. I used to use Snoseal on my old ones. Read the Lowa recomedations on their website & heard of a friend who had his separate at seams due to wrong dressing...
I like Obenaufs & the Kenetrek stuff too & use either one on my pacs & other leather boots
I also use the nikwax on my lowa tibbets per lowa warranty. I use obenaufs on my meindls and I must say I am impressed with the nikwax, seems to do a better job and lasts longer.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back