Caribou Gear Tarp

Fate, Family and Friends - Old and New

Go ahead and poke fun at me for having a TikTok, I can handle it.

Night number 3 of working on this deer in the books. Tomorrow I'll be finished after grinding my trim pile.. which brings up a couple questions.

How much if any fat do you add?
What kind of fat?
What kind of grind?

My current plan is 5-10% beef fat with a course grind followed by a fine grind

Nice deer hoping to fill my tag here in MT this week and head to Oklahoma to hunt with my brother next week this the season for big whitetails

I have hunted the family farm in Kansas for over 35 years and processed alot of deer. I have learned over the years that deer meat ( in my opinion ) is the best by its self with nothing added to it. You don't get that greasy film on your hands when it's not been mixed with beef fat.

Stud buck. I like your write-up too, there is poetry to it.
To be honest I'm a horrible story teller, so I tend to find myself dug into the "romantics" of a particular part of a story. Sometimes poetry is created, but hardly ever purposely which I think adds to it in a special way

Got him back from the Taxidermist this morning. Surprisingly quick turnaround time!
View attachment 263363View attachment 263364
That was a quick turnaround on the mount! Looks really good. I'm still waiting on one from from two years ago. Who's your taxidermist? By the way I'm also from West Kentucky. My mom graduated from loan oak high school. My grandma still lives in Calvert city. I'm from the Hopkinsville area! Congrats on a great buck!

That was a quick turnaround on the mount! Looks really good. I'm still waiting on one from from two years ago. Who's your taxidermist? By the way I'm also from West Kentucky. My mom graduated from loan oak high school. My grandma still lives in Calvert city. I'm from the Hopkinsville area! Congrats on a great buck!
Went to Lone Oak elementary myself for a year or 2!
I used Grogan's in Alrington, KY but this is evidently his last year operating with plans to retire. Sucks, he is the cheapest around here by far

Went to Lone Oak elementary myself for a year or 2!
I used Grogan's in Alrington, KY but this is evidently his last year operating with plans to retire. Sucks, he is the cheapest around here by far
Dang, I usually pay $350 to $400 depending on what type of mount I get done. The taxidermist I use is really good it just takes so long to get it back!

Back