Fat chance

Hunter_AZ

I am sadened by all the hupla about the draw, it's getting to be a rich mans game. I have a 9 year old son I would like to take hunting again someday. But they way things are going I may never draw another tag or it will be years before I do. And if I do it my well be to expensive to go any way.

I did goto to Idaho about 3 years ago,(after failing to draw a tag in my own state) unit 21a, man what an adventure, I thought we had mountians in Arizona, Idaho made them look like sand hills.
My poor legs felt like spagetti after that trip. But it did cost about 1200 dollors for the trip including the tags and lic.

Well, why i havent hunted yet copst way to dman much, yeah deer food great but, when we outa of the situation, with bills and all since fat cat pockets,quit sucking poor hard workin americans dry, i be able to hunt next year if it goes well, right now to much goin on

Nowadays 1200 is about as cheap as a non-res. hunt gets.
Depends. If one's talking big game, most likely, but it can be done cheaper if one watches pennies. Small/upland game can be done for lots cheaper. I went to Kansas and South Dakota prairie chicken/pheasant hunting for five days each and the total for the two trips was probably about that or a bit less.

It also comes down to priorities as well. I know a bunch of folks who complain about the price of hunting that spend lots of money in other ways (ie. boats, fancy trucks, lots of guns, ATVs, big screen tvs, etc). O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burger hunter
Back