FARTs on Sale

BackofBeyond

Frankfort Arsenal Rotary Tumblers that is.

Almost 50% off on Amazon, I went ahead and picked one up, replaced the Harbor Freight Rock Tumbler (2nd one) that I’ve been using and on it’s last legs.

Tumbles up to 30 pounds (water and media included) but still a ton of brass at a single go. I’ve got the first batch rolling now, nice that it’s on a timer.

Frankfort Arsenal Rotary Tumblers that is.

Almost 50% off on Amazon, I went ahead and picked one up, replaced the Harbor Freight Rock Tumbler (2nd one) that I’ve been using and on it’s last legs.

Tumbles up to 30 pounds (water and media included) but still a ton of brass at a single go. I’ve got the first batch rolling now, nice that it’s on a timer.
That's like 5 RUM cases...

I have had the FART for about three years, still works great. The most I’ve run in it is about 100 pieces of standard size brass (.308, 7-08, 243) at a time but I think it could handle more than that. Wet tumbling is kind of a PITA, but it sure makes the brass pretty.

I just got the Lite model, have 170 .270/7mm-08 brass going right now. Plenty of space for the small amount of reloading I do. Think this little sucker is going to be the ticket.

FA has an awesome deal through expertvoice so I picked up the Lite tumbler, (basically just a smaller model, no timer/no double ended lid), a media/case separator, as well as a couple pounds of their stainless pins.

Something about shooting fresh looking brass that I just love.

D819F1D9-B1AA-4F0C-86B1-72063616479E.jpeg

Little before and after. Was it worth it? Ehh I don’t know. I doubt I’ll tumble them every time I shoot, but for when they get really gnarly it’s nice to bring them back to life a bit. Overall a fun little foray into a different aspect of reloading.

Attachments

• E2347AB3-C7B3-4886-80FF-075B678CE6C5.jpeg
    E2347AB3-C7B3-4886-80FF-075B678CE6C5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Been using mine for a long time. Wet tumbling is definitely more of a pain than dry media but dang I like the look. As a single man, I have a couple stainless steel sheet pans dedicated to drying brass in a very low temp oven (warm setting ~180 degrees until dry). Your wife will murder you if she catches you doing this so a fan or dehydrator will work too.

Don't bother with the expensive brass polish...squirt in some regular Dawn dishsoap and a little scoop of LemiShine or Citric Acid and let it rip.

Been using mine for a long time. Wet tumbling is definitely more of a pain than dry media but dang I like the look. As a single man, I have a couple stainless steel sheet pans dedicated to drying brass in a very low temp oven (warm setting ~180 degrees until dry). Your wife will murder you if she catches you doing this so a fan or dehydrator will work too.

Don't bother with the expensive brass polish...squirt in some regular Dawn dishsoap and a little scoop of LemiShine or Citric Acid and let it rip.
Add a little ammonia for a nice even color.
I think wet tumbling is the way to go. I deprime, tumble, resize and load.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back