Farenheit 9/11 Tops the $100M Mark. Shatters Box Office Records...

JoseCuervo

Does anybody know how much "Stop Making Sense" earned at the box office? What a great movie that was.... :cool: Take me to the River, drop me in the water....

And now look at Moore passing the Concert Movies....
Fahrenheit 9/11 tops $100 M mark

LOS ANGELES -- What do Shrek, Spider-Man, Michael Moore and Harry Potter have in common? They all produced $100 million US hits this summer. Moore's condemnation of U.S. President George W. Bush's actions regarding the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in the documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 had a weekend haul of $5 million to lift its total to $103.35 million since opening in late June.

The previous best domestic gross for a feature-length documentary was $21.6 million for Moore's Academy Award-winning Bowling for Columbine. That film took nine months to hit that level, while Fahrenheit 9/11 did more business, $23.9 million, in just its first weekend.

The polarizing effects of Sept. 11 and its aftermath have boosted the public's appetite for political documentaries, Moore said.

"It's really cool now to talk about politics, and this is the first time I've seen this happen in decades, really," Moore said Sunday. "Being apathetic right now is very uncool."

The real effect of Fahrenheit 9/11 will be to encourage Americans normally disinterested in politics to participate this fall, Moore said.

"I believe the film is going to bring hundreds of thousands of people to the polls who otherwise were not going to vote. I think it's going to have a tremendous impact in that way."

"What do Shrek, Spider-Man, Michael Moore and Harry Potter have in common? "

They all fall under cartoon, comic book or fantasy film's.

"I believe the film is going to bring hundreds of thousands of people to the polls who otherwise were not going to vote. I think it's going to have a tremendous impact in that way."

I know that statment make me feel real good about the voting public.
What's next ? Maybe the movie theater's should have something like Clintons rock the vote .
All those hundreds of thousands of people could register to vote and vote while watching there favorite movie.
Get them while there under that feel good comic book fantasy spell shoveling load's of buttered popcorn into there pie hole's.LOL

Kerry's claim to fame could be [I got voted in by the hundreds of thousands of voter's that think Harry potter , Shrek, spiderman & Fahrenheit 9/11 were real]
:D :D

Back