Yeti GOBOX Collection

Family Christmas Gift Ideas

2rocky

Last year I decided I was going to make more of our gift giving "experience related " not "item". I gave my kids some fun, inexpensive toys and clothes they needed, but the "family gift" was a group trip on a treetop Canopy tour in a nearby redwood grove. (Retail value of around $140 per head). Now I have to come up with something similar. An experience we can do together...
65031501_10219110950793339_5588498874462371840_n.jpg

Ideas? This Took about a half day and was well received.

Are you looking for something near where you live or anywhere in the country?
I took my family Shark fishing out of Huntington Beach CA a few years ago and it is by far the most talked about trip we've ever done as a family.

Nearby, as in Northern/Central CA. I'm checking out Whitewater Rafting on the American River since we could camp and do that. It would be only 3 hours away. Kayaking has been popular on gentle lakes and rivers.

I was gifted a guided kayak fishing. It got me hooked on kayak fishing until I moved out West.

Nearby, as in Northern/Central CA. I'm checking out Whitewater Rafting on the American River since we could camp and do that. It would be only 3 hours away. Kayaking has been popular on gentle lakes and rivers.
I have a cousin that guides on the American if you want some info.

2rocky

From mid state Calif, I might head to Lake Tahoe. Family could ski, sled, skate, rent snowmobiles, horse drawn sleights, build snowmen, snowball fight and drink hot chocolate

Our Grandchildren enjoyed Safari Africa and rent a tent if possible, fun, but not a physical type vacation. We did Kayak both ocean and rivers, so check that out if kayaking interests the family. Whitewater rafting is fun but imho a summer activity. A week in the Grand canyon is fun, education and beautiful.

We rented an Rv once and did a loop. Winchester House, Redwoods, Aquarium, Alacatraz, Sacramento River boat type stuff, but that was not a day trip

I love your "idea" of doing "things", you will remember them for the rest of your life. But it looks like your oldest is or close to 16, so that "first car" is also never forgotten (-:

You have a beautiful family, have fun !

Go up to the Rogue River and do the jet boat rides, those are fun! ...at least they were 20 years ago when my folks took us.
I'd considered Hells Canyon because it is "What I know" but RR might be closer and more intimate

I have a cousin that guides on the American if you want some info.
Appreciate that. From looking there is one company, American Whitewater Adventures, with trips on all 3 forks , a campground in Coloma and seem to be the Biggest, (in internet presence at least). It would be interesting to get guide perspective.

I'd considered Hells Canyon because it is "What I know" but RR might be closer and more intimate

Appreciate that. From looking there is one company, American Whitewater Adventures, with trips on all 3 forks , a campground in Coloma and seem to be the Biggest, (in internet presence at least). It would be interesting to get guide perspective.
He guides for OARS ....I have made a run with him on it. Nice trip
'

OARS has a good reputation in Idaho on the Salmon.

Anyone in the northeast buy your family passes to the “Wild Center” in Tupper Lake and couple it with some camping, hiking and canoeing in the Adirondacks

This intrigues me as we are planning to do this very thing (family trip idea) in 2020 but my daughter is pushing for something that doesn't involve hiking as our last family vacations have been: north shore of Lake Superior, Banff/Jasper, Yellowstone Park, Estes Park, Glacier Park...

I like 2rocky's treetop canopy tour which would be great as long as my daughter could get some "non-hiking" things to do also.

Great idea as stuff doesn't last, memories do.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back