Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Fall Turkey

Kraven

Just curious as too how many people are heading back into the Turkey woods this fall.I will be heading back out late September,seasons open back up September 24-30 then again October 8-14.Maybe I can find one of the ol Toms that eluded me and my brother this past Spring.

I always look forward to the fall season, which runs mid October-mid November here...

Most of my hunting involves hunting the mixed fall flocks of hens and birds of the year, and I usually wind up calling up and shooting a jake... On occasion I manage to scatter a flock of old gobblers and I've killed a few longbeards that way in the fall..

My general method is l to locate a flock and then scatter them in all directions...Then you can have lots of fun calling the birds back together...

I've also had pretty good luck just setting up in a place with lots of feeding sign and blind calling...Sometimes you can call in a whole flock...

I will have a tag but will not be out there just for them. If i see one while i am bow hunting deer i will take a poke at one if it gets in range though.

I may if I'm in Northern Wyoming hunting deer this fall...found a ranch that is absolutely polluted with turkeys and the guy doesnt like them at all. My wife and I each shot one last year with a 28 gauge I brought along for huns, sharpies, etc.

Wasnt much of a hunt as there were literally turkeys between my truck and the guys front porch when I stopped to ask permission. We killed ours out of a flock of 75-100 and there was a bigger flock just down the creek 200 yards. The rancher told us he thought he had at least 600 or so on his property all year long...I believe him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back