MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Examples of nice elk mount with 8ft ceiling limitations

How long are his main beams? Do you have a few other views you could share as to how far he sticks out from the wall?
1635547736881.jpeg
Not sure what his mains are, overall I scored him at 336” to give you an idea there. I can measure the beams later this weekend if you’d like. I put him in a corner as you can see and the way the form is turned I just tried to center him with the corner of the wall. His right side beam touches the wall slightly

That looks great man! So it doesn't look off putting being in the corner lower to the ground with the 8ft ceilings?

From the pics it looks great.

View attachment 199956
Not sure what his mains are, overall I scored him at 336” to give you an idea there. I can measure the beams later this weekend if you’d like. I put him in a corner as you can see and the way the form is turned I just tried to center him with the corner of the wall. His right side beam touches the wall slightly
My bull from this year is going in the boiling pot tomorrow. I just prefer euros on elk. But if I decided to mount one, it would look just like this. Beautiful.

Ya'll crack me up :D this is gold lol

I do have plenty of basement space which is why I am leaning pedestal over a shoulder in my garage. I have a good corner he could go in but just curious how wonky pedestals look with limited ceiling space.

If you go pedestal, they may not be on piece. I had my deer done in three pieces, makes being able to relocate them in the house much easier.

This threads a bunch of bullshit, i want 50” beams. Take it to Dakota. They are spendy but the BEST. Keep it low/pedestal.. i hate looking and love to touch.#raghornsarelife

This thread reminded me of the cover of this old Ed Zern book. Might need some minor ceiling modifications to fit a big bull ;)

More realistically ... I like some of the pedestal mounts that have been posted here.

Attachments

• Ed Zern book cover.jpg
    Ed Zern book cover.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
You could do a floor pedestal but they take a ton of room. Here is my wife’s bull…those are 8’6” walls but he fits in 8’ as well. It’s not ideal by any means. I’d look at a euro unless you plan on building a house with vaulted ceilings. Oh and for perspective this bull has 57” beams so yours could sit closer to the wall.
B315E755-AACD-4F38-9E04-1A2157307BE7.jpeg263DF255-B7BF-45DB-B24A-384C395A31F5.jpeg

Are you going to live there forever? I didn't have more than 9 ft ceilings either till i moved and now i have a room with 18 ft ceiling to display. If you plan on staying in that house and don't have a cabin or second home, a euro is likely the way to go unfortunately

How long are his main beams? Do you have a few other views you could share as to how far he sticks out from the wall?
I never taped the bull or really any critter other than pronghorn bucks a couple of times. I think the main beams were average. The width was not much and maybe because was a very old bull. Was with three other bulls and one was a prime 5 x 5 with quite long tines front to back and lots of width. Likely the most impressive typical 5x5 I have ever glassed. I did not think the swayback 6x6 would make it through the winter though so that was where my crosshairs got placed.

Might be time to look into building an addition on to your house! Or moving somewhere that has vaulted ceilings!!!

Back