Caribou Gear Tarp

Examples of nice elk mount with 8ft ceiling limitations

NDGuy

Hey all,

Does anyone have any particular forms or mounts that work well with standard 8ft ceilings? Trying to figure out where to put my bull I got in ND this year. He has 50" beams so kinda wondering how screwed I am.

Mine lives at my mom's house.

but as far as options...

post-63-0-29333300-1305147328.jpg

$_1.JPG

Floor pedestal is probably the best option if you want an actual mount but need a lot of corner space. Euro mounts can fit better especially on a good wall mount.

You're breaking my heart. 50" beams is a good problem to have. I have room for it at my cabin. Just a thought.

Congrats on a great bull.

I think a shoulder mount with the head turned to side so antlers parallel the wall may fit as good as a straight-ahead pose which goes out into the room more with a long beam. I am not sure of the main branch length on this bull but was very narrow for a very old bull that was swayback from age. How the head orients and chin up or down depends on how wide the spread is of the antlers if can have head turned sideways.

Here is the same mount on two walls with different ceilings. I think the first ceiling was 8' tall while is now in a different home with a much higher ceiling. 2009 WY Bull Elk with rifle.

Shorter ceiling
WY Elk home old.JPG

Taller ceiling
WY Elk at new home.jpeg

I have one elk shoulder mounted in my house. I have 8' ceilings and even though the mount turned out nice and I'm happy with it, I wish I hadn't done a shoulder mount. Originally I just did a Euro and then later decided to shoulder mount it, I wish I hadn't decided to do that until I had a bigger space for it. You can always shoulder mount it later on like I did.

1635537532138.png
This is my bull from a few years ago. 8ft ceilings. If you’re putting it in your basement and you don’t have a walk out entry, I’d strongly encourage asking the taxidermist if they can do the removeable antlers. Learned that the hard way. If we ever sell our house, the elk may come with it 😂

You're not going to like this answer but its the correct one.

You're young and there will be more elk in your future you will like to display.
I'd normally agree but being I am from ND and not made of $ I likely will not be shooting another 350" bull in my lifetime. Least of all in my own state to boot!

The fact he's

My first elk
A big elk
A ND elk

Is pretty damn special and worth honoring and remembering!

Ya'll crack me up :D this is gold lol

I do have plenty of basement space which is why I am leaning pedestal over a shoulder in my garage. I have a good corner he could go in but just curious how wonky pedestals look with limited ceiling space.

View attachment 199942
This is my bull from a few years ago. 8ft ceilings. If you’re putting it in your basement and you don’t have a walk out entry, I’d strongly encourage asking the taxidermist if they can do the removeable antlers. Learned that the hard way. If we ever sell our house, the elk may come with it 😂
How long are his main beams? Do you have a few other views you could share as to how far he sticks out from the wall?

View attachment 199942
I made that joke when I took mine into the basement. When I moved there was some demolition. I would never ever mount an elk again.

Full body, lips curled, antler tips back, front legs extendend forward, rear end up in the air a bit just like he’s rippin a bugle from the top of the ridge.

I eurod my bull from last year mainly because I have this weird split level mantle in my basement.

I plan to have him pedestal mounted similar to @MTHunter1321.

But, until the toys r us level disappears that probably won't happen.

I'd put the vote in for the pedestal mount, they're way more badass and captivating of the trophy IMO.
20201219_104741.jpg16355477745872015085589143050481.jpg

There's just no room for him right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back