Euro Pedestal Mount?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 28227

Curious does anyone have a pedestal mount for a euro elk-moose-caribou?

Trying to figure out how to put an elk euro in a modern apartment with low ceilings (8-9ft). If I hang the head on the wall flat the tip of nose to the ceiling measurement is 53 inches... meaning the skull is waist high, which I don't like.

Requirements are no habitat, no wood... basically if it looks like you would find it in someone's house in MT, CO, WY, etc. that's not gonna work.

Looking for some city slicker taxidermy here.

Kinda what I have in mind... anyone seen a skull in maybe a museum or something?
1586805629129.png

@LuketheDog definitely a possibility... was hoping for an example to “sell” the idea to the relevant party.

Ah, I see, take a piece of paper and draw a vertical line with flat thing on the bottom and a skull on top, then tell her it will look even better than what you drew! :ROFLMAO:

or show her this, because apparently they make something like it already...https://skullhooker.com/product/trophy-tree/

https://www.deadondisplay.com/collections/euro-hanger/products/dead-on-display-desktop-mount

81654160_559691528259672_7334569216179579508_n.jpg

You weren’t able to negotiate that into the move to the east coast?

In all seriousness though, post a pic when you figure it out, all of my animals are quarantined to the basement....

Right I mean... you'd think, but not an inch surrendered :LOL:

New place has a decent basement which is where most heads will go... it has a garage, but one of those stupid east coast one's that barely fits a car and has super low ceilings.

I negotiated one head upstairs, but with the aforementioned stipulations. Might have to settle for a mule deer or I guess I could do one of my small raghorns.

My wife grew up with tons of taxidermy and a family of hunters... so she isn't falling for anything... also the hanger got a veto a number of years ago.

I feel like I need to get a pinterest and start following Swedish home designers... 🤦‍♂️

Maybe you’ve already looked, but have you checked out sculptural or gallery pedestals? There’s a huge variety that people use to display artwork that might fit the bill, though you may have to combine it with one of the metal tabletop skullhooker type bases. Or there are some iron guys that make stuff like that on Etsy. You could probably get someone to customize something for you.

My wife grew up with tons of taxidermy and a family of hunters... so she isn't falling for anything...

I just rearrange the few that I have every year, maybe add one here or there, and I think she can't keep track of them... :ROFLMAO:

We have an ugly spiral staircase that my wife wants me to relocate and remodel, which will work nicely for moving my big elk euro into the house to hang above the landing-so I'm very motivated to get that project done!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back