Caribou Gear Tarp

Ever had pneumonia?

Been getting lots of HT time. And I'm pretty sure I've seen every car that has gone through the Mechum auction in Florida. mtmuley
I can’t wait to go to that auction or Barrett Jackson and buy a late 60’s hot rod. That is one of my favorite rainy day things to watch. 1969 K20 fully restomodded on 33” is the dream ride.

I can’t wait to go to that auction or Barrett Jackson and buy a late 60’s hot rod. That is one of my favorite rainy day things to watch. 1969 K20 fully restomodded on 33” is the dream ride.
Some phenomenal cars going through there. mtmuley

Only time I've had it was also basic training, 1972. Ft Ord in the winter was famous for it. Fought it off with only minor hospitalization. My autoimmune system seems to be superman boiler plate. I rarely get the flu and bacterial infections don't stand a chance. African tick bite fever last summer didn't kick me nearly as hard as most folks. A day after starting antibiotics I was fully functional. Everyone else in the family caught COVID. Not me and I traveled to Montana and Africa during the pandemic (fully vaxed of course). I should will some tissue to science for genetic testing. Gotta be an explanation.

Take care of yourself. It's nothing to mess with.

Last edited:
At least you get playoff football starting today. Just don't spend all your energy willing the boys to a win on Monday.

I drowned when I was 5, recovered.
@ 13 I got the Hong Kong flu that turned to the P. Barely survived both.
Had walking P several times as an adult now.
Lung damage is no joke. I built up capacity swimming and hiking. I frustrate the Docs now.
I again lucked out with the covid and got over that quick, false negative test for sure.

Yeah, it's no F'n fun!

I also tried to power through it as I did with Covid but the chest x-ray was a real eye opener.
Get rest, stay hydrated and take your anti-meds.
I thought that I had it licked and went back to full tilt.... but then it came roaring back with a vengeance. The second round was worse! So stay low-key until the gurgling from your lungs has subsided completely.
I didn't watch the high end auto auctions but did pick up 5lbs of H1000 the 10 minutes it was available on PV.

Take care of yourself.

Mtnhutner1

Always been healthy,but in 2010 I had a bad chest cold,went to work anyways/ leadhand at local shipyard........working on navy ship,lots of dust, got double ''P''. Ended up in hospital for 2 weeks......
your doctor will tell you, when he/she thinks it o.k., you HAVE to get up and walk a bit.........I got a doctors ''note'' and went to CANCUN for 15 days.......my insurance at worked covered it !!!
never had it since.......medical help is a MUST.

Got it in 2006. Dr. wanted to put me in hospital. I negotiated with her, no hospital and I would only work half days. So I only worked 6 hours instead of 12. Stupid idea. Should have listened to doc. Still dont have my lung capacity like I did, and it triggered all kinds of other health issues. Listen to the Dr.!

I had it bad back in 2017. I was already pretty sick and went to Lake Erie fishing in mid April for the day. Things got bad after that. I’m not the type to get sick very often and might only stay home from work sick maybe 1 day every 2 years or so. I missed over a week of work. I had a fever for a week and with the fever I had bad headaches and I typically never get a headaches unless it’s self induced with alcohol consumption. I had a couple of trips to emergency room and was given IV antibiotics and it eventually got better. I was absolutely miserable. My son who was 20 at the time got it too. He didn’t even really feel all that bad but was hospitalized for a night because his oxygen levels were low. It’s no joke.

Get better soon. Don’t want to be an alarmist but in the unlikely event things get quickly worse, and breathing becomes alarming, don’t “hope for the best” or “power through” and get yourself to a hospital, better safe than sorry.

And regarding that 3 week outlook. Take it slow after that. My wife had P years back and sorry to say it can take a while to get your full capacity back. A relapse would be no fun.

I’ve had it twice. Once when I was undergoing chemo and it was in the bottom of each lung. Had to be hospitalized and my oncologist said he had to stop the chemotherapy for two weeks or it would kill me. Years later I had a bad bout with bronchitis that turned to pneumonia in one lung. But antibiotics cured me and kept me out of the hospital. Since then I have had two pneumonia shots.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back