Ever had pneumonia?

Listen to the Dr. and don't overdo it. I've never had it and hope I never do, had covid and didn't know it but I tested positive. I was one of the lucky ones, I guess. Rest and you will be back to normal soon.

I had it in my 20s. The infection was so bad in my lungs that my cough smelled like Mexican food, I couldn't eat Taco Time for a year afterwards. The doctor wanted to do a chest CT, but I couldn't afford it so I refused treatment.

One Z-Pack and I was good to go, so I was lucky that way.

I hope everybody gets better.

Got it about 8 years ago, started with the flu and I pushed through that. Next thing I know I was sitting at my desk bundled up in my hoodie and a jacket with the heater on full blast. Co-workers sent me home.

That night I woke up in bed with chest pains and couldn’t breath. That got my cardiac care nurse wife fired up, she made me go to the ER. Spent 4 days in the hospital. Tried to go back to work the day after I was released (against wifey’s orders) and made it around the job site twice, and needed a nap. Didn’t make it back to work for another week.

Don’t do what I did, even though you probably will, and come back to soon. Take the light duty if possible when you come back.

almost got there a week ago. Had bronchitis, had to get on antibiotics myself. I try to not to if possible, but i'm getting older and this one got me. Get well soon!

I’ve had it 2 times in the last 3 years. Once from a “respiratory virus” about a month before anyone had Covid stateside and then again from Covid this past July. First time was worse. Don’t be surprised if you get out of breath climbing stairs, walking, or exerting yourself for awhile. It gets better though.

Sorry to hear this @mtmuley . Yep, there never is time to be sick. Sometimes you have to let go. I watched my wife through a bout of pneumonia. Its no joke.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Dale. No sense taking any chances, you got alot of future. Hang in there,man.

I currently have a unique to California fungal pneumonia. I thought I was having a damn heart attack, got checked and it was pneumonia. Felt a little better after a z pack and returned to normal life of skiing, going to the Rose Bowl long days in the office etc, and right back where I started. Diagnosed with the fungal version , valley fever, that requires different drugs. On those now, getting better

Hang in there. I have had it and it sucks coughing up giant blobs that almost block your airway if they get stuck

Rest, rest and more rest. Have doc get you a nebulizer to treat your lungs on periodic basis. Plan on at least 6-8 weeks to recover. Don't plan on being out in cold air either. Relapse is too damn easy if you push it.

Three guesses why I know all this...learn from my impatience (stupidity).

I now get pneumonia shot every year. So far so good.

Get well and prep all the brass you have!!!

I haven't had it. But I know plenty who have. Nothing to mess with. Just resting and taking care of yourself can have you back on your feet in no time. Lungs are really important. My grandpa had a lung condition that caused him to slowly lose lung capacity until he passed. It was sad to see.

Get well soon!

At least it is wild card weekend. Set in the easy chair and watch football all weekend and not feel one bit guilty about not getting anything done.
Hope you are better soon.

For you I will say GO COWBOYS

edit: I can not believe I said that, I need to go wash my mouth out with soap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back