Ever had pneumonia?

Had it twice, last time was when I was 15. Spent 8 days in the hospital and sustained pretty severe damage to my left lung. Hope I never go through that again and don’t want anyone else to either. It feels like your breathing through a coffee stir straw. I had horrible childhood asthma that kept getting me down.

Hoping you getting better fast. Definitely sucks.

I had it off and on for years until we figured out some deeper issues I had going on.

When I was 21 I was a college dropout, no health insurance, and couldn't afford to go to the doctor. I tried powering through it, and when it finally got too bad I was sent to the ER. I weighed 108 pounds when I checked in. I had massive infection surgically removed from both lungs, and spent 10 days in the hospital with a tube the size of a garden hose stuck through my ribs draining blood and fluid from my lungs. I flat out shouldn't have survived, and it's a miracle I'm here today. Fifteen years later I still only have roughly 60% lung capacity from the scarring.

I wasn't dealing from a full deck to begin with so take that example with a grain of salt, but it's worth erring on the side of caution and respecting what it's capable of.

I'm just down the road if you need anything.

Thought I could power through. It's no joke for sure. mtmuley
I've had it 3 times, 2 were very bad with the worst when I was 19. I think if I got it that bad now, I might not pull through it. I was sick for 10 days, and recovery was about a month.

Last bought was in the early 2000's and was a hair away from being hospitalized.

Probably a good idea to get the pneumonia shot...that is if you believe in that science crap. I also get the flu shot every year too...getting sick like that, I'll do about anything that will help me avoid it. Pneumonia is no joke and nothing to mess with.

Twice. First time I tried to just gut it out and waited far too long to get treated. The second time I got to the doc early. It didn't last as long but felt more painful.

Now, huffing and puffing cold air feels like I'm breathing in razor blades.

Man. Just saw this. Hope you’re starting to feel better. I got it with covid and spent 4 days in icu with it as a 37 year old. Dr told me my lungs would would never recover enough to hike Everest, but I was able to hike up the mountain this past fall. Brought some canned oxygen, but my lungs got the job done.

The boss is a retired Respiratory/cardio pulmonary therapist. I have had it a few times but she has always saved my ass from getting hospitalized. Even with 24 hour hands on care it will knock the crap out of me.

Get well dammit. There's 4 pages of people rooting for you telling you to get better.

Just listen!!!

Honestly keep us posted and don't be stubborn, if you need help, or a doc, ask for it!

Dak prob had the best game I’ve ever seen from him👍🏻.

I did find it odd that they kept referring to TBs total lack of a run game (only 12 attempts) but that the Bucs avgd nearly 4.5yds per carry? Meanwhile Uncle Tom had the 2nd most passing attempts (66) in NFL playoff history🤔. I think their coaching needs to take some blame there.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back