Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

European "Rack Bracket"

Skull Hooker...

IMO I kind of like the Eastmans look....and just curious they don't have any copyright or patents or whatever for this thing? just asking

Hey guys. I wanted to introduce myself as I am the owner of the Skull Hooker-European Skull Mounting Brackets. Its not my intent to hi-jack this thread in any way. I just wanted to clarify two things. First, Eastmans has no involvment in the Skull Hooker, other than selling them for us. In addition, our products are trade marked and are patent pending. That certainly doesnt preclude Wyoming556 from doing some work on his own for his personal use. Nice work by the way Wyoming. Anyway, I appeciate the feedback and comments. More than anything, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. ~Rob

I understand Eastman's doesn't make the skull hooker but that has to be one of the best marketing strategies around. Whether you like him or not kinda like signing up Micheal Wadell to market your products. Welcome and I'm sure I'll be buying a few of your products down the road

Trademark, Patent Pending

Hey guys. I wanted to introduce myself as I am the owner of the Skull Hooker-European Skull Mounting Brackets. Its not my intent to hi-jack this thread in any way. I just wanted to clarify two things. First, Eastmans has no involvment in the Skull Hooker, other than selling them for us. In addition, our products are trade marked and are patent pending. That certainly doesnt preclude Wyoming556 from doing some work on his own for his personal use. Nice work by the way Wyoming. Anyway, I appeciate the feedback and comments. More than anything, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. ~Rob

Thanks for the clarification on Eastmans. I think with all the marketing materials like field tests, advertizements, endorsements, and web videos I see with Eastmans and your product together I assumed there was a relationship.

You make a great looking product. I simply could not justify the expense on animals that lack trophy quality like most of my harvests and needed a simple way to hang them.

What part or parts of your product is or are patented?
I was aware of the "•The patent pending prong system simply and securely slips into the natural holes and crevices inherent in the back of all skulls" was on your website but did not find any other information on patents available. Please let me know so I won't unknowingly infringe on a patent for your invention. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the clarification on Eastmans. I think with all the marketing materials like field tests, advertizements, endorsements, and web videos I see with Eastmans and your product together I assumed there was a relationship.

You make a great looking product. I simply could not justify the expense on animals that lack trophy quality like most of my harvests and needed a simple way to hang them.

What part or parts of your product is or are patented?
I was aware of the "•The patent pending prong system simply and securely slips into the natural holes and crevices inherent in the back of all skulls" was on your website but did not find any other information on patents available. Please let me know so I won't unknowingly infringe on a patent for your invention. Thanks for your time.

Thank you for the compliments. The professionally finished, powder coated Skull Hookers are priced less or comparable to most plaques with adjustablity features both up and down and left and right-which you cant get with a fixed wood plaque. And without the bulkiness of a plaque-which takes away from the trophy's overall display. Just my opinion, but I think all of my bucks/bulls (regardless of trophy quality) are worth some expense to display them properly. As I look at them on them on the wall, it is the memories of the hunt that gets me through the off season and keeps me going back. Regarding your patent question, that is a longer answer and so I sent you a pm to help you with that. Thanks again.~Rob

Rowdy,

I have the one you sent me, gonna hang my bison skull on it when i can find some wall space to do it:):) and you definately want something sturdy for a bison skull.

Big racks are cool! Especially when displayed properly.:D No really, thanks for the bracket. It does a great job, and looks good too. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other guys pictures.

Just so you know, I'm getting a patent on nails, bolts, and the round wheel. So don't even think of trying anything. :hump:

Here is a few pics of the lion tjones got. Thanks for the pics Tony!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 573
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 571
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 561
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 584
user Snite66 took these pics today using some of my brackets. Nice looking deer. Also a couple of Heidi.

Attachments

• steve6.jpg
    steve6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 537
  • steve4.jpg
    steve4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 556
  • steve3.jpg
    steve3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 555
  • steve8.jpg
    steve8.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 535
  • steve9.jpg
    steve9.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 534
  • steve10.jpg
    steve10.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 538
  • steve12.jpg
    steve12.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 519
Bring a thread back from the dead, but I had asked Rowdy a while back if he had anything that would work on an elk and he sent me a couple to try out to see if they would work or not.

In the past I've always just used a lag bolt into a wooden wall or stud, but my office has metal studs and I knew that wasn't going to work.

Drilled a hole in the metal stud, screwed in the bracket and low and behold it looks like it's going to work.

Pictures are from my phone under flourescent light so they didn't turn out that great, but you get the idea.

elk_skull_mount1.jpg

elk_skull_mount2.jpg

I've always thought my euro's looked fine the way I was hanging them up against the wall, but having it out a few inches from the wall really looks good.

It looks like it is going to hold it fine, if you grabbed it and pulled down the lag bolt might pull out of the metal stud, that's the weakest link in the mounting.

I may have to spring for a few more to get some of my other's hung that way.

Thanks Rowdy!!

Last edited:
I too tried a 'rack bracket' out on an old elk head worked pretty good, definitely a sturdy hanger.

Sorry it's a crappy phone pic (my camera recently went swimming in the Gallatin)
1210111248.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back