European "Rack Bracket"

Bucnutz.wis

I got a few of these last week from my pal Rowdy (aka Wyoming556) and I finally got a chance to hang them this weekend.

DSCF0238.jpg

They are sturdy as heck, very heavy duty. They come in two pieces as shown in the pictures. And he also sent plenty of 2-1/2" lag screws so they should also hold up well, even in Louisiana....:D... (Dstud)...;)

DSCF0241.jpg

If your looking for some "brackets" for your trophies, I'd say get in touch with Rowdy and give these a try...

DSCF0240.jpg

The one on the far right below is a "skull hooker" - not nearly as heavy-duty/sturdy as the "Rack Bracket"

DSCF0239.jpg

Not the most attractive thing to hang on the wall. Maybe not the right thing to say but It detracts from the good looking euros, being so big, blocky, and black. Perhaps it is just the photography angle that is not doing it justice. The skull hooker looks a little better, IMO if only because it is more streamlined and has some curve rather than just jutting straight out of the wall. But hey to each his own and I bet it is more economical than a skull hooker.

Ha Slick... If Heidi Klum were on this thread... I'd share with you, but you'd have to settle for sloppy seconds...:p

Good feedback Khunter - here are few more pics from a little more distance - the first ones were practically right underneath. One bonus to the hooker is the adjustment to the angle which helps cover the "hanger" which most probably know...

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

Khunter,
Thanks for the feedback. This is the first run of brackets that I have made and tend to overbuild things in general. I tried to use a decorative base along with hammered square tubing to avoid the industrial look. Keep the comments coming good or bad. I want to know what I can change to make it look better. The Eastmans hooker is also quite large compared to the smaller wire model that Bucknutz has on his wall, 2nd pic right side on this thread. Maybe the small bent round bar is the way to go to keep the size to a minimum? IT also looks like lowering the skull in relation to the bracket would help hide it better, especially in homes with really high ceilings where you would always be looking up at the skull? Here is a pic of the Eastmans model to compare size to, it retails for 30-40$.

Attachments

• skullhooker.jpg
    skullhooker.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,953
Last edited:
Khunter,
Thanks for the feedback. This is the first run of brackets that I have made and tend to overbuild things in general. I tried to use a decorative base along with hammered square tubing to avoid the industrial look. Keep the comments coming good or bad. I want to know what I can change to make it look better. The Eastmans hooker is also quite large compared to the smaller wire model that Bucknutz has on his wall, 2nd pic right side on this thread. Maybe the small bent round bar is the way to go to keep the size to a minimum? IT also looks like lowering the skull in relation to the bracket would help hide it better, especially in homes with really high ceilings where you would always be looking up at the skull?

My european is laying on my basement floor, so these are all about 1000 times better. They sure look to be rugged enough. So much stuff is mass produced in China, with cheap material, its nice to see something solid and of quality. I can see my daughter hanging her little brother up by his coat in one of these. :) Of all I like the last picture you posted.

Looks good I checked out the regular skull hookers and they are pricey even on camofire.

Here are a few pics of them hanging in my garage. As you can see for most applications they are barely visible from he front. I think Bucknutz must have high ceilings in his house that made them stand out becasue of the viewing angle.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,734
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,729
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,737
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,733
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,736
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,750
IMO I kind of like the Eastmans look....and just curious they don't have any copyright or patents or whatever for this thing? just asking

Mudranger,
The eastmans bracket does look nice. I am going for something simpler that costs less. I needed to buy 10 brackets this year and didn't want to spend $350-$450 to hang them in my garage. I also didnt want to use some flimsy POS that I thought would bend. thats why I started building these.

Eastmans has a petent pending on the prong part of the bracket. I am not copying that in any way. Since it has been made and sold for more than a year you could actually copy their bracket exactly but that's not what I am going for.

These types of brackets have been out for years so Eastmans didn't invent them either. There are other similar brackets to hang european mounts that have been out for years but each one is different. There is even a guy on e-bay selling a coat rack and a toggle bolt for hanging mounts. Here are pics of a few.

Sounds like we have some eastmans homers on this site. LOL If anything Eastmans copied the skull-lok bracket in my opinion.

If you want proof see these webistes who have been around longer than the eastmans version.

www.eurobracket.com

www.skull-lok.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...e&rt=nc&si=VV8ZWThvWn%2FS8QTHcszI%2FaZrg2I%3D

Attachments

• eurobracket.jpg
    eurobracket.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,785
  • skull-lok.jpg
    skull-lok.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,425
Here is the coat hanger with toggle bolt version. If you want a cheap flimsy hanger this is it. notice you cant hit the studs with both screws either. This one is only $11 bucks on e-bay. This version is propably mass produced in china as a coat hangers so you can also support a chineese manufacturing company if you buy it!

Attachments

• coat hanger.jpg
    coat hanger.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,908
hey I'm not mad at ya or nothing..if you can do it with no problems associated more power to you...I was just curious as to how you were working it because I had never seen anything like it before..

IMO I kind of like the Eastmans look....and just curious they don't have any copyright or patents or whatever for this thing? just asking

You asked, I answered.

Looking Good! John

Thanks John

They could be less noticeable painted the wall color.

That's a good idea to match wall color. I'll have to give that a try. Seems like most of these are either black or brown. I imagine a bone color would also look pretty good and be less noticeable.

They could be less noticeable painted the wall color.

Cripes NHY... I'm not that fricken talented...:rolleyes:

I'm happy with them Wyo556... maybe the pics don't do them justice, but from across the room you don't even notice them.

From underneath, they all look weird - my wife & daughter will testify to that.

If possible, you could maybe shorten them some and it may hide some of that bulky look that some don't like.

Cripes NHY... I'm not that fricken talented...:rolleyes:

I'm happy with them Wyo556... maybe the pics don't do them justice, but from across the room you don't even notice them.

From underneath, they all look weird - my wife & daughter will testify to that.

If possible, you could maybe shorten them some and it may hide some of that bulky look that some don't like.

After looking at the pics I thought the same thing about shortening the square tubing. I was worried that a mule deer might hit the wall if the rack had real good backs. I don't think that could happen anymore with the angle of the skull. I think by shortening them the skull would be lower in relation to the base plate and that would hide it better as well. Thanks again for the pics let me know if you need any more for you new shop/garage/man cave. That place is nice.

I went ahead and painted a bracket almond color to see what that looked like. Here is the pic.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,661
I'm not aware that Eastman's has anything to do with the skull hooker other than endorsing and selling them, they certainly didn't design it. I will say the best part of the skull hooker is the "horseshoe" that hooks on the skull, it does a solid job of holding the skull.

Wyoming 556 sent me a couple of his Rack Brackets the other day. I hung up an Ohio buck from a few years ago using one. They work really slick. This buck groses in the mid 150's. Its one of those racks that you really need to hold to appreciate. Thats the thing I really like about the Rack Bracket. Take one down, pass it around, then back on its bracket. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Rack Bracket 002.jpg
    Rack Bracket 002.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Rack Bracket 006.jpg
    Rack Bracket 006.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,745

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member