Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Erin's first elk

elkantlers

My daughter was able to get her first elk a few days after christmas. It was a harder hunt than usual but well worth it. She was excited to get her elk but was really excited to be able to sleep in the next morning since we had gotten up early every day of her christmas break from school. :D

Attachments

• Erin elk1.jpg
    Erin elk1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 575
Nothing like your first one. Congrats to her.

Very nice! Congrats to your daughter! I have to help a first timer get a cow out of Parley's Canyon. Going up today to do some glassing.

Great job

Looks like a dandy. Will be goood eating also. Congrats!!

Fantastic and what a big cow in not so easy conditions for a youngster, or even an oldster like myself! Give her a big Congrats from the whole bunch of us at OYOA.

Fantastic memories and awesome meat; could it get any better...Congrats!

It was a tough hunt. My son got a cow on the same hunt at the first of the season. after that the weather changed and we got alot of snow and cold. My daughter really was good to get up and go each morning. I think we were both a little worn out, but I really wanted her to be successful so we stuck to it. I shot a bull in september and with these two cows we have alot of meat. We have given some to a few people around town and they are always grateful to get it.

Attachments

• eli's 20123.jpg
    eli's 20123.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 359
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norcaldive
Back