Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

EPA vetoes the Pebble Mine invoking Section 404c of the Clean Water Act.

Not only moving the goal posts, but putting them on another field.

Everyone is for responsible mining, until they aren't. Twin Metals also fell pray to Brandon's Administration recently. Which will be next? Resolution Copper? This sets a weird precedence, allowing an administration to overstep permitting authority, but what ever as long as one side got their way.

At least the lawyers will make some money.

Not only moving the goal posts, but putting them on another field.

Everyone is for responsible mining, until they aren't. Twin Metals also fell pray to Brandon's Administration recently. Which will be next? Resolution Copper? This sets a weird precedence, allowing an administration to overstep permitting authority, but what ever as long as one side got their way.

At least the lawyers will make some money.
Brandon? I guess you just can't help yourself. :(

Biden GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Things that are environmental are always political. At least they have been for the past 50yrs. The question is always “how necessary are they?”. We, society, will have to make some hard choices in the very near future regarding these types of projects- copper, lithium, aluminum, whatever. There is no free lunch.
This is better than a free lunch. We can have China mine all of that stuff in a third world county, get up on our high horse and puff out our chest and brag about how environmentally conscious we are when we use it.

No, I'm bothered by people like you :poop: that have to turn everything into politics. (n)

If the substance of the criticism is valid, why is a caricature like “Brandon” or “Orange Man” more problematic than dealing with the substance of the criticism?

Pretty sure @Bambistew has been consistent on his views about Pebble Mine both under “Orange Man’s” administration and during President Joe Biden’s administration.

Briden's :) critical minerals initiative now includes financing foreign mining companies to mine in foreign lands. What's best is those companies can turn around and sell the mine or product to China. It's worse than lip service, it's prostitution.

Pretty different than mining in the US and creating jobs here as his initiative proposes. The dude is a clown and so is his administration.

There isn't a single mining project in the US that his administration supports. Zero. They "support" mining as long as they don't commit the sins of the past. Hahahaha Pebbles proposal does just that. What more do they need? The only way to ensure it won't happen is to not allow a mine to be built.

Hard to mine and secure critical minerals for our defense and prosperity when you shut them all down and change the rules. 9 out of 10 people couldn't point to Pebble mine on a map. Don Jr. Included, until he went to the area for a lavish fishing trip and bear hunt. During that time his pea brain was bathed by the locals.

I totally forgot. The Ambler road will be the next to get the ax by this administration. We'll see here in about 6 months. Always a reason to not mine. But never one to stop using minerals.

Last edited:
Don't care if it's bashing former President Trump or trashing the current duly elected President Biden ... I am sick and tired of hyper partisan insipidly insulting remarks and nasty criticisms of a political nature cast derogatorily and personnally revolting on this forum!

Get your political track shoes on and run yourself. Or blast this at your congressional representatives. Shoving it in the HT face is a counter productive waste of hyper ventilation.

Last edited:
Don't care if it's bashing former President Trump or trashing the current duly elected President Biden ... I am sick and tired of hyper partisan insipidly insulting remarks and nasty criticisms of a political nature cast derogatorily and personnally revolting on this forum!

Get your political track shoes on and run yourself. Or blast this at your congressional representatives. Shoving it in the HT face is a counter productive waste of hyper ventilation.
Shoving what exactly?

Using this tactic to shut down a mining project is 100% political and partisan.

I can't imagine a grown man having his feelings hurt this badly by words.

This is rich. Calling a president by a common negative nickname is just too much to bear?

The most partisan thing on this thread is people actually being that upset by the use of “Brandon” or daring to discuss a presidential admins handling of an issue that matters to many on this forum.

This is rich. Calling a president by a common negative nickname is just too much to bear?

The most partisan thing on this thread is people actually being that upset by the use of “Brandon” or daring to discuss a presidential admins handling of an issue that matters to many on this forum.
It upsets me but not because of why you mentioned.

In the last two elections cycles the office has been devalued in America. No longer is it a position of respect. It’s a position of mockery. We have been lead to believe that it’s ok to hurl foul insults at whoever is in the position. Our kids go around hearing and seeing this and are growing up having no pride in our system.

I am truly sad for their generation. Cops are murders and the presidency is to openly be treated with foul regard. We as a nation, have failed in teaching them respect for authority and left them to deal with our uncontrolled debt.

We as a nation, have failed in teaching them respect for authority and left them to deal with our uncontrolled debt destruction of habitat and climate, surrender to the profiteering of mining and big oil, selling our government to the highest bidder, foreign or domestic .
Because people who disagree w me are 100% wrong, while those who agree are universally correct.

It is NOT about the First Amendment right to criticize a decision with a rational, fact based opinion. It is the disrespectful delivery and the willingness to call others despicable names obviously attempting to denigrate the person and the office ... and with the apparent attitude that you are omniscient and they are ill informed.

Consider that it speaks volumes about your character ... not necessarily about the character of the one being denigrated.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back