Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ended the Pronghorn season

BuzzH

Drew my 3rd choice tag this year, same as last year.

Probably be the last time I hunt this unit, which is sad, because its been pretty darn good over the years. Too many assclowns desperate to fill a handful of doe tags pulling the usual stunts that give pronghorn hunters a bad reputation. The plus side, I only saw 1 wounded one running around, which, considering the lack of ethics, was pretty surprising.

Found a few that weren't being harassed in an area that required a mile/mile and a half hike. Sorted through the handful of bucks out there and decided one of them was good enough considering the situation. Made a mile long loop to get to a small butte that offered stalking to a reasonable range. The stalk worked well. I crawled up to the edge of the butte and rested my rifle over my pack. Ranged the buck at 391 yards and made the MOA correction. He was quartering away slightly, so placed the leupold dot on the back of the rib cage to exit behind the off shoulder. Slowly squeezed the trigger on the 7-08 and the 140 AB caught him just right. He ran about 5 yards, spun a tight circle and that was that.

Pretty happy over-all with the final part of the hunt, buck was 4.5+ years old, looking at his teeth, I'd guess 5.5.

Have another buck tag, but I'm done with pronghorn for the year.

IMG951520.jpg

Nice buck! How much damage did the 7mm-08 140 ab do? I might take mine out next year. Congratulations!

Congrats on another great buck Buzz! Gotta love the 7mm-08. It is my "go to" rifle for just about everything.

Nice buck! How much damage did the 7mm-08 140 ab do? I might take mine out next year. Congratulations!

I used my 7mm-08 for my antelope, minimal damage with the right shot placement.

Hand Loads:
Hornady SST-139 gr
Reloader 15 - 40.0gr
Rem 9 1/2 primer
New Win brass

Oh to be a WY resident, using lope tags as drink coasters! :D

Meanwhile Colorado takes 10+ years for a gun tag............

Okay I have to ask. If you have another buck tag why are you done for the year? Out of time to go?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back