Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Elknut's Playbook

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
After having these for over a month, I finally had a free day for nothing but goofing off. Seemed like a good day to read and listen to Elknut's Playbook for elk hunting. Glad I did.

No matter how much you have elk hunted, I suspect there is something you can pick up in this information that will improve your success in the field. My head is swimming with past instances of "Man, no wonder I screwed up that opportunity."

Paul was nice enough to send me some for samples to see what I think. I think they are great and should be part of any serious elk hunter's library. I normally don't provide links to other websites, but in this case, will make an exception. I feel that strongly about these tools helping you in the field.

Here is a link to Elknut's website - http://stores.elknut.com/StoreFront.bok

Thanks, Elknut. I appreciate you sending them. Now with four elk hunts lined up this year, I am fresh out of excuses as to why I won't fill those tags.

Now I just need to wrestle some time from the honey do demands to watch the DVDs.

Randy, one thing I learned from the school of "Dumb things I've Done" it is physically impossible to pull the trigger and take the safety off simultaneously.
Thank you for sharing the website.

I've been a fan of Paul's for years.
The play book is great, and after you have read it through several times get his audio disk "Sound by the Elk".
Real elk recordings, making all the sounds he talks about in his books and DVDs.

I read the playbook over and over so everything gets implanted in my head.It is an awesome book,and only wish I'd had it from my first time hunting elk;not years later.Great investment for anyone.His DVD's are all about teaching instead of just kill shots
Keep the playbook in my day pack also.And, any questions I ever had, he replied to right away on his website.All in all, a great guy in my mind,and a valuable person to have here on your site

Received Elknut's DVD, Scouting Elk Country and his playbook both very good and I highly recommend them. If you get the playbook be sure to add the dvd of the elk sounds he discusses in the book or you might get lost. Could not put the book down, been hunting elk for more than 25 years and it is good to know that an old dog can learn new tricks. Great resource.

R

just got my play book, sounds, videos, and scouting. being from out east trying to figure this all out this stuff is great. makes looking at a topo alot easier for me. got some great spots marked on my map now. spots that i would have never looked at before. been listening to the sounds while i jog and man i have a lot to learn.

Guys, thanks, I appreciate the comments!

Slim, you'll find as you cover the material that it will start to fall into place & the learning aspect will come naturally as it's quite enjoyable to learn things & then even better to know why & when to apply them! Thanks!

ElkNut1

Randy et al, I was introduced to Paul about 6 years ago at an MBA convention in Kalispell and he put on a fantastic seminar. Since then, my hunting partners and I listen to his CD's and thumb through the playbook regularly. I dont know of anyone else that has spent as much time trying to translate elk sounds and understand what they are really saying. I think Paul is awfully close though. We've had a lot of situations where the events progress just like Paul said they would if you respond a certain way. i still suck at elk hunting with a bow, but it doesn't reflect the amount of info and knowledge you'll find in his CD's and playbook....its just me... I am missing some piece of DNA that makes a guy a good bowhunter!!

Hornseeker, now that's funny! (grin) Thanks as well for the kind words! By the way I'll be heading to the ISB Shoot in search of a 3rd Buckle with the Sapphire Hawk! That bow is a heck of a smooth shooter I sure do like it! Thanks!

Magic, thanks for mentioning the Mag. article, I have not seen it as of yet but was asked by them if it was OK to put something in the Mag. of course my response was YES! (grin) Thanks!

ElkNut1

Reading and listening to Paul's book/cds are almost as important as making sure my broadheads are flying well before leaving for an elk hunt every year.

Back