Elk..

stev

hello everyone...I have been in MT for a few years now..i have not hunted much since i moved here to be closer to the cancer center ...i was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma stage 4 cancer and was pretty sick..I had 5 surgeries and 6 months of chemo...I am cancer free now, getting stronger & much healthier....and would love to take my daughter with me to try and get a cow elk....can anyone tell me where i can go... thanks...Steve ...

Welcome to the Forum, congrats on beating your cancer. What portion of the state are you in? That will help the folks respond so you are not driving past elk to shoot at elk.

Last edited:
Also let us know how far you can hike now, archery/rifle, and what else you are looking for in a hunt.

Grats on being in remission. Cancer sucks for sure.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your confidence that the worst is behind you. If I knew where you are located, I might be able to give some better ideas of filling a cow tag.

Welcome & ditto the thumbs on on your battle. I think you will get a few pointers here.

hello everyone...I have been in MT for a few years now..i have not hunted much since i moved here to be closer to the cancer center ...i was diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma stage 4 cancer and was pretty sick..I had 5 surgeries and 6 months of chemo...I am cancer free now, getting stronger & much healthier....and would love to take my daughter with me to try and get a cow elk....can anyone tell me where i can go... thanks...Steve ...

I am just east of miles city....

Welcome and way to fight!! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming adventures with your daughter.

Welcome, Steve! Good on you ... it's a relief to have cancer in the rear view mirror. Best wishes for your health and hunting success. Enjoy your daughter and the joys of Montana.

Major congrats for your determination! It takes a huge level of internal fortitude to overcome the challenges that significant medical procedures and the rehabilitation to recover as much as possible! Best with your success for a cow elk and the enjoyment time spent with your daughter will bring. Simply at camp, tired feet resting on the fire ring rocks and having simple chat is priceless. :)

Welcome and congrats on beating cancer! I wish I could help you on places to hunt but never hunted MT. Good luck this fall and hope y'all have a blast.

First great news on the beating Cancer.

While I cant help in Montana I can probably get you a private land cow tag in Oregon for your daughter. No guarantee of a cow. I have private land in one of the few units in eastern Oregon above quota limits. It all depends on the migration. I am certain in the condition you state above I can get my neighboring landowners to allow hunting also which would open up thousands of acres. If its something your interested in let me know. The property is a little tough with terrain but we have areas that are not too hard to access. I can promise a great time and experience for your daughter whether we find elk or not.

Chris

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back