Elk south central Wyoming

Keystone

Looking for info. On what areas near Riverside,Encampnent you would hunt for elk. I have hunted this region in the past with no success. Being a nonresident 66years old killing my first bull is on my bucket list.

I was going to post a similar question so I'll just follow this one. I too am looking for more information regarding this area. I hunted antelope last season in area 52 and really liked it. As a new hunter, I'm looking to get to know the general elk units in SE WY as I live in Cheyenne. I was looking at applying for a LE cow tag in 13 and/or a deer tag in 81. I'll take any info folks are willing to give as well. I'll walk as far as I need to in order to get away from the crowds, and I'm more in it for the experience and meat than getting a big bull. As long as I bring home meat, my wife is happy. ;)

I have plans on hunting there next fall,2017. Was in unit 21 last year,never seen an elk,not even much elk sign. A friend hunted same area two years ago and found elk every day.Go figure ?Going to try further to the east next trip.

Rooster, some friends of mine harvested a bull in 21 last year. They stumbled onto a herd bedded down near feed and water and managed to shoot a young bull just before they all took off. I'm wanting to hunt earlier than Oct. 15, so I'm looking at general areas with LE cow tags that start on Oct. 1. I'm hoping to catch the tail end of the rut so my ears can help my eyes find elk. I'm new to the game so I'm hoping it pans out.

We have hunted from hogs park to big creek rd. On a gen. License. Two years ago my son killed a young bull. Trying to get away from other hunters we find gated roads and walk looking for areas that might hold elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back