Elk rifle

Take whatever you are confident, comfortable, and accurate with and go shoot your elk. 1.5 moa =roughly 6" at 400 yards which is more than adequate for elk size vitals. like previous post said DON'T OVER THINK IT!!! I've burned out barrels chasing that last 1/4moa that I'll never be able to shoot to it's potential in field conditions. Good luck on your hunt!!!

I would love you have your problem- I’ve been spending my time trying to get my one rifle to fit the bill for everything, and here you’re wondering which perfectly suited rifle fits your fancy.

They’ll all do the job. Pick the one that deserves to make the cut and spend your time practicing instead of worrying. Bring a backup in case.

On different days, once with each rifle, sprint up a 200 ft hill, flop to a sitting position and shoot 3 rounds at a paper plate 200 yds away. The rifle you hit all three shots with will be the one. If you cannot hit all three after this exercise, you need to get in better shape.

On different days, once with each rifle, sprint up a 200 ft hill, flop to a sitting position and shoot 3 rounds at a paper plate 200 yds away. The rifle you hit all three shots with will be the one. If you cannot hit all three after this exercise, you need to get in better shape.
Finding a 200’ hill around here is as hard as finding a 340” bull.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back