Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk Poached Near Roundup

Saw this on another forum, folks keep sharing someone knows something cause idiots that do this crap just can't keep their mouth shut.

One elk closer to the goal.

This is the type of penalty the judge will give whomever is caught. Not worth the paperwork and man power.

Attachments

• 407B09AD-1D56-4CA5-B3E6-CBDCE0CF6E8E.jpeg
    407B09AD-1D56-4CA5-B3E6-CBDCE0CF6E8E.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 55
  • CA1E025D-18ED-48BF-8A17-BC2C422658E6.jpeg
    CA1E025D-18ED-48BF-8A17-BC2C422658E6.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 53
I’m having a hard time getting too worked up about it. The all out slaughter of cows started in that unit on August 15th and won’t end until February 15th. #nomoreboolsby2022

He’s not going to lose his guns, he won’t go to jail, he won’t lose his truck, he won’t be fined more than a couple grand at the most, he will not spend a single day in jail and he killed an animal viewed as a vermin by landowners and the FWP.

I think we will see more of this, not less, in the future.

That's complete bs you are peddling. Think what you want to think Schaaf. Sad hunting has come to this.
I think it’s BS and whoever did it is a POS, Mark. It doesn’t matter what I think. They will likely face little to no repercussions and we’ll be hunting all those other elk in that same area with nothing on top of their head for the next 6 months.

He’s not going to lose his guns, he won’t go to jail, he won’t lose his truck, he won’t be fined more than a couple grand at the most, he will not spend a single day in jail and he killed an animal viewed as a vermin by landowners and the FWP.

I think we will see more of this, not less, in the future.
?

????? Explained. If an entire department compelled by the ag-influenced legislature sanctions wholesale slaughter of elk and we call it good, why get worked up over an individual taking it further? We scream about an individual action and accept or embrace official actions that achieve similar ends.

Once they find the perp, they need to make him the regional wildlife commissioner. Finally found someone with the cajones to do the job properly.

????? Explained. If an entire department compelled by the ag-influenced legislature sanctions wholesale slaughter of elk and we call it good, why get worked up over an individual taking it further? We scream about an individual action and accept or embrace official actions that achieve similar ends.

Once they find the perp, they need to make him the regional wildlife commissioner. Finally found someone with the cajones to do the job properly.
Wow! Some thoughtful comments there.

One elk closer to the goal.

This is the type of penalty the judge will give whomever is caught. Not worth the paperwork and man power.

This isn't the Judge's fault. It's the County Attorney who let the suspect plead down.

Until DA's start to realize they'll have to face up to stuff like this on election day, wildlife crimes will always take a backseat to more sexy crimes that get you on the evening news.

This isn't the Judge's fault. It's the County Attorney who let the suspect plead down.

Until DA's start to realize they'll have to face up to stuff like this on election day, wildlife crimes will always take a backseat to more sexy crimes that get you on the evening news.

Have you seen the local BozeAngeles evening news - KBZK? Sexy crimes? Usually THE headliner shows some poor tweaker in his/her orange county jump suit being arraigned for petty theft.
In Simms/Sitka Bozeman MT, where hunting and fishing (and all related) issues are pretty "big deal", one would think that a local media might be a little more in tune to these things. But one should never think.......

When the public demands a change in how these deals are dealt with, there might be a change...................

P.S. - "...........and we’ll be hunting all those other elk in that same area with nothing on top of their head for the next 6 months". The above sentence may apply to the addressing of this little issue, as well.

Last edited:
BHR, no disrespect meant, but I think you missed the reference to "Shoulder Seasons" altogether.
I understand the shoulder season reference. I've been to Roundup and understand the issues going on there. Elk everywhere that come down to the river bottom hayfields and leave before shooting light.

If I was a rancher in Roundup, I would sell my ranch for 3 times what it's worth and get the hell out. Which is exactly what they are now doing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back