Elk patterns

kad1429

So this might really be a dumb question but I have an area where the elk are coming out of the hills and really hitting some irrigated corn there are 12 trails that come together in a saddle and and come down the hill through an 80 yard clearing then cross the ranchers road and then spit up everywhere through the corn I set up a nice ground blind with some small trees there where cut down in a slash pile but it's block management and I found out today a guy shot a nice bull last night out of the ground bind I made but my question is will the elk be back in a normal pattern by Friday night of is it totally screwed there's a lot of elk there so I don't know if it didn't bother them much or not and if it did how long would it take them to get back into that pattern

Hi kad,

Punctuation is a good thing.

Good luck with the elk. Hard to say. Not a lot of corn on the public land I hunt. :D

Keep hunting it. The elk are hooked and often the more disturbance the better in situations like that for some reason. It's a beginners luck thing.

Hopefully they'll still be hitting it befor dark. I've hunted elk for two years now and I'll do anything to get my first elk under my belt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back