Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk Pack Performance!

Larry, thank you I will look into it!!

OK guys, what am I going to do if I pickup a MR crewcab & I can't see a big difference in haul ability with what I'm now using? Any potential buyers here!!! (grin)

ElkNut1

Larry, thank you I will look into it!!

OK guys, what am I going to do if I pickup a MR crewcab & I can't see a big difference in haul ability with what I'm now using? Any potential buyers here!!! (grin)

ElkNut1

Borrow mine first.:D You're not going to hurt it. You'd have to have a razor blade to rip the material. Seriously you should find one to use first, it's too much money to just guess on. Mines open anytime. I have a horse to do my heavy lifting anyway:D Let me know

Lawnboy, you're a class act! Thank You, I just may take you up on it!

I agree about checking them out 1st before dumping out the dough, heck I did that with Packs I know own! I will let you know! Thanks again!

If you need to contact me my email is [email protected] or my contact info is at www.elknut.com

Paul

I love my MR..far and away the best pack I have owned.
My only 2 complaints are:
1) Mine is squeaky. I have tried everything, and I cannot get the squeak out of it. One of my buddies' packs is the same way.

2) I wish the two bottom straps were on the inside/other side of the zipper. That way when you cinch down a load you can still get into the outside pockets. When those straps are cinched down, it is a pain in the ass to get inside the pockets without loosening your load.

That being said..it is still far and away the best pack I have used/seen. In my opinion they blow Badlands and Eberlestock out of the water. I couldn't imagine packing a heavy load on a Badlands.

try crossing the straps from one side to the other across the back...with a larger load you will need strap extentions...you can get them at MR.

Branden, thanks! I see you are located in MT as well. I must be one of the rare Idaho guys! (grin) Hopefully I can return the favor to you guys as well, thank you for the offer guys!

ElkNut/Paul

Branden, yes I'm on the Primos Site occasionally! I check it weekly but don't post there much! Actually I'm on most of the major sites & have been for the last 10 years, I'm sort of an Elknut! (grin) Is your handle the same here as other sites?

ElkNut1

Oh ya, I know who you are, 187elk huh! Well nice to meet you Branden, it's always good to apply a name to a handle! (grin) Heck, I may know of others on here as well but they too may go by a different handle, that's cool!!

It appears most on this Site are rifle hunters, it's just a guess!! (grin)

ElkNut1

Hey Magic, how are you Sir! Didn't realize you were here either! (grin) I guess I'm always last to hear of some sites! (grin)

ElkNut1

Paul, I am a newcomer also. Oak pointed me in this direction. I was just warming things up for you.

This has been a very interesting thread to follow.

Last edited:
Paul, you know I've owned just about every BL pack they have made. I no longer own a BL pack but instead support the Mystery Ranch brand from my ski pack to my large haulers.

I just blew a stalk on some elk as my brand new eberly stock x-2 pack started to squeak as i walked? anybody out with similar issues with the x-2?,appears to be the nylon to the frame? help,,,would like to use but i just switched my gear back to my blacks creek pack for now,,,thought the x-2 would work nice but now i dont know.

If you haven't done the strap fix they have posted to the website (the straps should not wrap completely around the frame) start there. It fixed my squeak completely. Here is the link from their site http://www.eberlestock.com/X2 Frame Wrap Fix.pdf
If that doesn't do it some of the cloth athletic tape or even cloth bandaids wraped around the frame in the squeak spot may fix it.

I would have loved to gotten the MR CC and although I am sure it would last 20 years I did not have enough to get the pack and needed one for this fall so I ordered out a Blue Widow. It looks ideal for my midwest deer hunts and the occasional out west trip. If I lived out west and hunted the Mountains every year I may have skimped elsewhere and got the MR. Honestly I think if I were Elknut, I would opt for the MR CC as well. I know the X2 and 2200 can do the job but as often as his crew puts down elk, I think the cost of the CC would be worth it.

I just blew a stalk on some elk as my brand new eberly stock x-2 pack started to squeak as i walked? anybody out with similar issues with the x-2?,appears to be the nylon to the frame? help,,,would like to use but i just switched my gear back to my blacks creek pack for now,,,thought the x-2 would work nice but now i dont know.

Just wrap the frame with athletic tape. It completely stopped the squeaking for me.
Eberlestock%252520X2%252520Squeaky%252520Frame%252520Fix.jpg

Another thing that stopped the squeaking was getting a MR pack. I haven't used the X2 since... ;) :D

just checked my strap layout and it is correct with the update{not double wrapped},I will try the tape wrapping fix next and will tighten the back adjustment up as update states,,,anybody out there think that either silicon spray or rubbing bar soap on the nylon might help?has anybody done that?tried to e mail eberlestock but somehow site has changed or something and couldnt get thru?pack squeaks on every step,,,basicly unusable,,,{unhappy new pack owner}

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back