Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Send me coordinates to “camp” so I can bring you a beer 😏
Not my elk either.

This will sting a little. It was on the grand mesa, arrowed by a brand new elk hunter who had only seen one running away a couple days earlier.
I sent him the coordinates to my camp when he got ran out of 62 by that fire several years back.
not even 600 yards from our camp.

Harvested this cow today on a private land shoulder season hunt. This was my first time hunting on a day where the highs were in the 100s. There is seldom a timber patch in zone I'm alloted to hunt. Luckily I had an opportunity early in the day and I got the meat hauled out before temps got high.

Attachments

• 20230816_071948.jpg
    20230816_071948.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230816_162025.jpg
    20230816_162025.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Harvested this cow today on a private land shoulder season hunt. This was my first time hunting on a day where the highs were in the 100s. There is seldom a timber patch in zone I'm alloted to hunt. Luckily I had an opportunity early in the day and I got the meat hauled out before temps got high.
Nice!
I’m ready for this thread to pick up again

Well done man. That could be the first one of the year!

Good job man. I recall the first year of the early shoulder season hunt in MT. There was a block management near Helena that opened for hunting Sept. 1, and archery didn't open until Sept. 4 or something like that. I was the only hunter who put all the pieces together and got on there first thing, temps almost 100 degrees and smoky as hell. Absolutely gross day to be out elk hunting. But the elk were caught completely unaware, standing around without a clue. I had a couple chances but didn't pull the trigger because I was too worried about what would happen with the meat. Glad you were able to get it out quickly.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back