Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

DSC02449 2018 - Copy.JPG
Not as good as some others' photos, but this was a fun one.

During buck season early October. After this he turned around and meandered towards me since I wasn't totally hidden. Took a few more photos and video (took a while to get a photo with him exhaling) but as he kept coming nearer I decided to slowly move towards a big tree. He turned back and trotted off.

Last edited:
2020-2022 were dark for me, being almost entirely locked down for health reasons. During the middle of that stretch, FWP sent me an elk permit that I had less than 1% chance of drawing. I spent 20+ days hunting during archery, and then on opening day had too good of an opportunity to pass on this bull, my only 6x6. Definitely bigger bulls in the unit, but I'm content with this one being on my wall.

View attachment 279045
congrats

I was fortunate to tag out in two elk last year. I drew a limited entry archery tag in Utah, spent 14 days chasing bulls until I was able to call this nice 6 point into 58 yards. I didn’t have to trail him as he went maybe 15 yards and toppled over.

Then I had a OTC hunt in Colorado. We didn’t see many elk this year on the ranch, out of the 3 bulls harvested this was the biggest. But I’ve eaten good this past winter! Can’t wait to head to Colorado again this year!

Attachments

• IMG_9915.jpeg
    IMG_9915.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4623.jpeg
    IMG_4623.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
I was fortunate to tag out in two elk last year. I drew a limited entry archery tag in Utah, spent 14 days chasing bulls until I was able to call this nice 6 point into 58 yards. I didn’t have to trail him as he went maybe 15 yards and toppled over.

Then I had a OTC hunt in Colorado. We didn’t see many elk this year on the ranch, out of the 3 bulls harvested this was the biggest. But I’ve eaten good this past winter! Can’t wait to head to Colorado again this year!
Nice work congratulations

Congrats on both bulls and yes Sir I would agree you have ate good this past winter.

Back