MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

CO fourth season on a leftover tag in a unit that was new to me. Hunting solo, I was fortunate enough that this bull fed out across the canyon from me at 475 yards on Thursday just before the sun went down. I field processed him and packed out all my gear and a rear quarter on Friday, and packed the two fronts to the top of the ridge where the rest of the hike was flat. On Saturday my brother and both of our wives arrived. The girls took the fronts the flat rest of the way back to the truck while my brother and I dropped down into the hole I shot him in. He packed a rear and the straps and loins, I took the head and cape.

What an incredible hunt. This bull has some great character. He's got crown points as well as little sevens on each side, making him an 8x8. My biggest bull to date by quite a stretch. I can't thank my family enough for helping me finish the packout on Saturday.

a6cHmxC.jpg

nNWSqfh.jpg

LbqqPh5.jpg

xLZXpM2.jpg

Took me a while to get this done. Hunted elk 30 days Total this year with alot of close calls in archery season, grizzly charges, hunting pressure, wolves, and in the end, somewhere around Plan W or X I managed to knock this guy down at 40 yards with my rifle. VideoCapture_20181127-114820.jpg

OTC, Public land, Southwest Montana, Solo hunt

Last edited:
SW Montana "sagebrush" bull. My biggest one to date. Just dumb luck finding him out in the open.
EDI - Sorry it's upside down... no idea how to fix that.

Attachments

• elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 973
He is a beauty. Did you get him just recently or earlier in the season. No now, light clothes, looks like it was warmish.

Shot him 11/16/18 just before thanksgiving week. We saw snow and 50’s on that trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back