Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

First elk after 8 years of timber pounding and seeing 0 elk during season

We got 5 bulls that year at our camp, one of the best years since the 70’s and not too bad for the dark jungle of SW Washington

Attachments

• A43403DF-4191-48C3-ABD7-2596CE132B3A.jpeg
    A43403DF-4191-48C3-ABD7-2596CE132B3A.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 63
  • B6611212-60C8-468A-A7D5-EDA45CDD4A39.jpeg
    B6611212-60C8-468A-A7D5-EDA45CDD4A39.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 64
I hope this is okay to do on here but I've been wanting to practice writing some of my hunting experiences and figured this would be a good audience to get feedback from. Here goes!
Sorry for the long read, any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!

You have a good story told with passion. I’d suggest deleting your post and reposting as a new thread in the Elk hunting forum instead of here that is supposed to be basically a photo gallery thread with minimal text. Writing Feedback: use paragraph breaks with blank lines and/or photos between them and post in multiple posts inside a thread you create and title that thread with something catchy that captures your reason for posting and why a person should read it. I suggest this because the feedback you seek is not appropriate for an elk lets see them thread. Not trying to be mean, just offering suggestions if you want to work on storytelling and present material folks want to read.

The best hunting stories on here break things up in more digestible pieces with photos sprinkled across numerous posts within the thread. The worst, and least read, are a massive lump of text most guys will skip over becuase it looks like ‘too much”. Keep at it, tell more stories here on HT, in your own threads you create, and pick the right locations within HT for each story.

Not especially a great story but an example of what i speak of for posting story of a last minute hunt that fell in my lap. Might show you what I mean about pacing it and sprinkling pictures through it.
And select full size view for the pics you post instead of thumbnail. Why make reader have to do a bunch of clicing to see your photos.

good start though, keep it up.

Last edited:
First elk after 8 years of timber pounding and seeing 0 elk during season

We got 5 bulls that year at our camp, one of the best years since the 70’s and not too bad for the dark jungle of SW Washington

Congrats, I don’t miss hunting that jungle. A hickory shirt, double front carharts, and romeos, I can definitely tell you’re from SW WA lol.

Congrats, I don’t miss hunting that jungle. A hickory shirt, double front carharts, and romeos, I can definitely tell you’re from SW WA lol.

After being spoiled in some other Western states the last few years I still like to go back and hunt it a couple days a year to remind myself how difficult elk hunting can really be 😂

You have a good story told with passion. I’d suggest deleting your post and reposting as a new thread in the Elk hunting forum instead of here that is supposed to be basically a photo gallery thread with minimal text. Writing Feedback: use paragraph breaks with blank lines and/or photos between them and post in multiple posts inside a thread you create and title that thread with something catchy that captures your reason for posting and why a person should read it. I suggest this because the feedback you seek is not appropriate for an elk lets see them thread. Not trying to be mean, just offering suggestions if you want to work on storytelling and present material folks want to read.

The best hunting stories on here break things up in more digestible pieces with photos sprinkled across numerous posts within the thread. The worst, and least read, are a massive lump of text most guys will skip over becuase it looks like ‘too much”. Keep at it, tell more stories here on HT, in your own threads you create, and pick the right locations within HT for each story.

Not especially a great story but an example of what i speak of for posting story of a last minute hunt that fell in my lap. Might show you what I mean about pacing it and sprinkling pictures through it.
And select full size view for the pics you post instead of thumbnail. Why make reader have to do a bunch of clicing to see your photos.

Thanks I'll do that!

Thanks I'll do that!

All these giant bulls have me anxious for my first nm hunt. Here is my 2019 bull. Small bull but this was the last day of a grueling hunt and the first legal bull we found in 8 days that wasn’t locked in on private.0ECC813C-F7E1-42DA-8399-B0671D470C7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back