Elk jalapeño poppers

Those look good I make something similar my self I cover them with cheese

I'll add that I find the oven best for pre-cooking the bacon vs in a pan, tends to lay straight better.
I can't remember the last time I fried bacon in a pan at home. We just throw it on a cookie sheet and roast it at 425 for about 25-30 minutes.

What’s your method? Is there any way to get crispier bacon without overcooking the elk?
Flame weeder

Berzomatic torch is okay if you don’t have a flame weeder around.

Just get it all cooked till the elk is almost to the desired doneness, and use the weeder/torch for a few seconds.

Hot off the Treager! The filling color came from some smoked paprika and hidden valley ranch seasoning. After eating them I will give it a 5 star review. If your going to make them throw the filled jalapeños in the freezer for a few hours before wrapping them and placing on the grill. It will help keep your filling in as the bacon and elk gets done. Also this becomes more of a meal than a appetizer.

F3F47F64-22AE-4578-B5B6-E2AE838096F3.jpeg87893518-6340-490D-9F4E-AFCEC32B7B56.jpeg

Last edited:
Man that looks good, especially with a bag of jalapenos sitting on my counter left over from salsa making. I think this will happen.

This is one of my favorite ways to use dove as well. When I get too many Eurasian doves around the house I thin them out with the pellet gun and make poppers

Not to go too far off topic, but has anyone tried those plucking machines that have been around for years with the rubber nodules? Always wondered if they worked worth a darn.

Not to go too far off topic, but has anyone tried those plucking machines that have been around for years with the rubber nodules? Always wondered if they worked worth a darn.
They do work, although you have to remove the primaries first. The problem is they create a gigantic mess; feathers everywhere unless you have a shroud and attach it to a shop vac. Probably someone better at it than we were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back