Elk ivory

Millsworks

Thinking of some possible things to do with elk ivories.

What things have any of you out there seen or done with elk teeth?

I like to allow them to collect in my gun cabinet. I would like to get some earrings made for my wife but she thinks they are ugly.

We made necklaces for our boys one Christmas each got their names spelled out with beads and a set of ivories they don't wear them alot but have them hanging up. I threw a set of ivories in my cousins casket. Gave a few away the rest just sit in a jar in the gun safe. I thought about earings for the wife but can't pick a earing style I really like . I seen a coffee table that had teeth set in it. I liked the looks of that but would need alot more ivories than the wife and I have .

I can't see ear rings happening.
A necklace, maybe an inlay on a knife handle or gun stock?

I'm considering a belt buckle, I've seen a couple on line that look nice. My wife doesn't like the earrings, I think the men's rings are gaudy. I have also considered a tie tack or chain.

I originally was thinking of attaching em to a large knife sheath I have.
Not sure how it would look and don't want to loose them in the brush.

I still need to shoot the elk first though!
Just digging for ideas.

Custom Pandora charms for my wife and her aunt that she's close to.

After being married for 3yrs I finally caved in to my wife's request to get a wedding ring for myself to at least wear to the occasional get togethers, I decided to use a Ivory for the center piece of the ring and the damn thing has become a conversational piece now and then which can turn into some pretty informational hunting talk at a wedding or a funeral.

i used mine as zip pulls on my fanny (sorry every time i say 'fanny it makes me laugh, different meaning over the pond!)pack.
Cheers
Richard

Last edited:
My wife took our first Ivories to a local jeweler, who also happens to be a hunter. He designed a necklace that allows for more ivories to be tastefully added as we gather them. She gets nothing but compliments at gatherings where other ladies ask about it.

Had one turned into a belt buckle. The other from that bull I gave as a gift to one of the guys that was on the hunt

I have to wear a tie at work; so I wear bolos.

Have seen some beautiful bolos with ivories.

If I ever shoot an elk, the ivory will go to a bolo.

They are in a copper coin tray w/spent bullets,or still in the heads...or in a pack rat nest somewhere......lol

Bobbydean,whats a tie?

Had a money clip made out of one of mine. Looks pretty good and actually use it every day. My wife thinks the jewelry is pretty ugly and wouldn't wear it.

Back