Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Elk Hunting University

I could see some value in it from a hunter recruitment/retention standpoint. Not every hunter or aspiring hunter comes from a family of hunter--they don't have a reliable resource to give them much information--and the intrawebs are as full of misinformation on any given subject as good information.

I've always thought hunting shows could be a bit more educational in sharing some basics and more advanced tips. I've always thought trial & error :eek: is the best teacher but the realities of shrinking animal populations (and odds of drawing a tag) mean greater possibilities of losing those aspiring hunters for the future.

Maybe more interesting than I thought? :confused:

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 161
Elk Hunting University consists of a series of "lessons" covering every aspect of elk hunting in Colorado. Written by hunters for hunters, the syllabus starts with the Elk Hunting 101 lesson. This will be followed, approximately every two weeks, by lessons covering hunt planning, scouting, hunting trophy elk, choosing an area to hunt, license buying, and so much more. Through this on-line education program, we hope we can provide you with the skills and information to take to the field this fall and pass the ultimate “final exam.”

I can't see how this wouldn't be beneficial to the first timer's.. and the flat landers like me that didn't grow up hunting Elk.

My focus is learning everything I can about Elk until I have a blood trail leading me to my first Trophy Archery Bull.

Not to mention the benefits the next generation could get from this too... and that will always be a good thing...;)

Thanks for the link !!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back