Caribou Gear Tarp

elk hunting record

I've never went more than 2 days, but then again I haven't elk hunted all that much. Plus, I don't care to hang out where the big ones do... ;)

I'm loaded and ready to go for the crazy last ditch dumb mofo plan for an elk. If I kill one, I'll be packing it out until Christmas. No beer this time. Why is my light as possible pack (with gun and binos) still frikkin 60lbs? Going to end this record because it's impressive enough already.

Never went more than 2 days without seeing a Cow Elk [inAZ]... to many roads, plus they hang out by the hwy every night.

Nice pics Greenie.

Good luck GH. No matter how little or how heavy I load down my pack it always weighs 60 pounds...everytime.

Well I did it. Broke my friend's record! It went 11 days. Then I saw an elk near the truck and like an idiot, gunned it down real fast without checking out it's antlers first. Thankfully it had browtines. I had careless itchy trigger finger. :( Also, my buddy was smart to pass on that ram, he shot a whopper that scores over 190, 41+ on both sides with 16" bases, all on video.

Congrats! At one time or another, we've all needed a slump buster! Pics of either the ram or bull would be greatly appreciated.

The bull is just too big for photos, and has too many revealing landmarks, ie. old faithful, red signs, mailboxes, and gates.. :D

The ram on the other hand is here. Over 41" length and 16+ on the base, lamb tips, very pretty, all on film. Will have to watch the Jack Brittingham TV show at some point to see the footage, awesome stuff.

Thanks for the ram pic! Definitely looks like big one, but I wouldn't know one if it bit me...

Where does one catch the Brittingham show??

Awesome ram your buddy got, MT has some good one for sure. Lets see the bull greeny!

Greenie-glad you broke your streak...something tells me though it is a pretty darn good bull!

I don't know if you've ever shot a ronnie the rat the bull in your life.

Also is great to hear that BM took a excellent ram, spose he is south as we speak?

Mark D

Yeah, I'm sorta doubting its a dink.....Cmon...show us a pic.

Super ram...good job to Bryan. Can you divulge the unit or is it top secret? Lots of good ram units around, thats the only reason I'd ask....that and the odds of never being drawn...

Congrats Kurt on breaking the record!

Ernie

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back