MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Elk Caliber for Small-Framed Female

Just got my daughter a Browning AB3 Micro Stalker. It has a 20" barrel and fits her really well. I had my wife shoulder and handle it, and I think it will fit my daughter into her adult life. I think they offer 6.5 Creed, 7mm 08, and 308. At $500, I think it's a great value too.

The Weatherby Camilla is a nice one, albeit a higher price point.

You will be beating off teen age boys in a few years! Usually a sawed off pump 12 bore across your lap when you give curfew time will do the trick, otherwise sharpening a knife rhythmically while whistling the theme from Deliverance works too! Nice bull way too cute daughter!
Get one of those D.A.D.D. t-shirts;
Dads Against Daughters Dating
Shoot The First One And The
Word Will Spread.

I had one when we lived and worked in Mongolia, and my daughter was a pretty high school blonde in a sea of black hair and brown eyes. It worked.

I also suggest either a .308 or the 6.5 personally. Throw a muzzle break on there to boot and you'll have a low recoil easy to shoot gun for anyone, just don't forget the ear protection. A certain members sportsman's warehouse exclusive rifle is what comes to my mind immediately.

6.5 CM with a 140-156gr bullet. Recoil relates to the cartridge is primarily due to bullet weight and secondarily due to powder charge. If we are only considering modern centerfire cartridges, then the rest of the factors are pretty minimal. Powder charge in a .243, 6.5CM, .260, 7-08, .308 are all pretty much the same. If you’re trying to keep bullet weight reasonable so that you don’t hammer her shoulder you’d be looking at 140gr-156gr in a 6.5CM or .260, 140gr-168gr in a 7-08 or 155-168gr in a .308. If bullet construction is similar(say you’re going to shoot an Accubond out of all three, or a partition out of all three etc.) then penetration primarily comes down to sectional density. Sectional density of similar weight bullets will be highest with the smallest bore diameter. And thus, if one is going to shoot roughly the same weight bullet from all three cartridges, and use basically the same type of bullet, the 6.5CM or .260Rem is the most deadly. The only reason a 7-08 or 308 can be more deadly, is that you can conceivably shoot bullets far heavier than 155gr from both of them.(195 in 7mm and 240 in .308) Obviously if recoil is a concern, you don’t want to be shooting heavy bullets from a 7-08 or 308, so why bother with either one?

I started with a pre 64 feather weight Winchester .308
Then purchased a Weatherby Vanguard .270. It has become too heavy for me to pack.
Shot a Tikka .243 mainly for deer, did get one elk with it. But knew it is/was too light for elk.
Went to a Browning Hells Canyon long range 6.5 creedmore. So far really like this rifle. I should have the stock cut down. Not sure if it can be done though.
I have a bad shoulder and can't handle heavy recoil. I'm now shooting 500-700 yards in target practice.
Get the rifle that fits her and one she picks out and likes.

I enjoy these threads alot. Gun folks love to talk guns, me included.

All the posts been good avice, but I learned the haRd way let her come to her own decisions with as much help as she asks for. Having said that....
Daughter loves begara in 6.5 cm

Wife loves 30 06

Lady hunter is nice but first one I got could only get to shoot 180 gn handloads, which can happen with any gun

I picked up a youth Savage .308 at Cabelas a couple of years back. Shorter barrel and a shorter stock. I did put a break on it for my kids and small framed wife. Shoots great. I liked the .308 caliber because there so much ammo out on the market (or at least there used to be). I was able to to start the kids with some reduced recoil loads so they could get comfortable with the gun. Then moved them up to more lethal loads. Good progression gun for youth hunters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back