Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Elk application in MN

Elliot1987

Any of you apply to hunt elk in Minnesota? Tag numbers went up, so I think I might have a 2% chance. ;) I applied for the August anterless tag with the thinking that most are going to apply for the the bull tags. Crossing all my fingers and toes.

I applied and so did my wife for a October either sex tag. Only three tags for that group so I need some serious luck!

Any of you apply to hunt elk in Minnesota? Tag numbers went up, so I think I might have a 2% chance. ;) I applied for the August anterless tag with the thinking that most are going to apply for the the bull tags. Crossing all my fingers and toes.
Better than the .0002% odds of drawing a Wisconsin Elk tag. I have a better chance of drawing an early rifle tag in Arizona as a non- resident with 1 point when you really put it into perspective lol

Better than the .0002% odds of drawing a Wisconsin Elk tag. I have a better chance of drawing an early rifle tag in Arizona as a non- resident with 1 point when you really put it into perspective lol
I was a little peeved when I moved from Wisconsin to AZ and all of the sudden Wisco had a Elk season, grew up there and even went to the site where they released the original Elk in Clam Lake. However my irritation was squelched when I saw how many tags they were giving out haha. Maybe in 40 years I'll be able to hunt them in my home state, until then I'll hunt AZ and CO!

I donated my application fee for a chance at a bull tag. Someone has to draw after all. My only chance at an elk tag this year nothing out west.

I applied as well, as Dale Gribble always said you can't win it if your not in it.

my wife and I also applied. It will be interesting when the numbers come out as to how many applicants there were this year. Or maybe they have I just haven’t been able to find them

i applied with a buddy... do you know when they notify the winners?

I called yesterday, 6/23 and the nice lady told me winners would be notified personally either by phone or email. She was thinking it would be before the 4th of july. Right now they were just verifying that landowners were actually landowners.

I'm in for the same one and also hoping the increases help my chances! I wish they'd publish odds but it's a long shot either way.

If any of you are drawn, I would love to read a write up on your MN elk hunt experience!

I plan on documenting everything if the good lord decides to give me this extremely rare opportunity. I would happily share it on here when I get it done. However, I only applied for a cow tag. I did that because I think the odds will be a little higher, I just want to hunt elk in MN. I dont need the rack to do it :p

MN website shows that winners have been notified. Anyone here get a surprise email today? Not me. 4,425 applicants this year. Up 1600+ applicants from previous record.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back