Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Elk-2 Nick-0

the nikster

But I did have a moral victory.

2 days in a blind have netted me 20 hrs of total boredom and 7 minutes of hyperventilaing excitement.

Day one was spent in a blind with my wife which was nice but no game was spotted.
Since it was so warm I slipped over to another place I new for day 2. I spent 10 more hrs waiting for the elk to clear the timber looking for a drink. At 7:30 I grew tired of waiting and headed back to the truck.
I got to the truck and called my wife. while talking I saw some elk moving my direction from about a mile away-but they were running! I KNEW they were heading for my blind.
I grabbed my bow and 1 call and ran. I was in place a 2 minutes later when the elk raced by going to the other pond just 50 yards uphill behind me.
I sneaked up the hill and had all nine of them broadside at 40 yards. 7 cows, 1 spike, 1 3x3 bull. I called and they all raised their heads. It was too dark. I couldn't see any antlers. I backed down the hill and went to my tent. Next week I'll be sitting there with my wife when the NEW herd bull comes wandering in!!!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back